GC should really list their stock for each store online.

jTreu

• Members

Unless they already do and no one told me. That owuld be aweosme becuse GC is a hour away from me so instead of callling an being told ill get called back and never getting the call back i could just go on their site and see what they have.

I dont know im bored, it was just a thought.:freak:

• Members

Originally posted by Brian Marshall

they made a deal with musicians friend when they bought out their retail stores NOT to sell on the net.

it wouldn't really be selling on the net, would it? kinda like daddy's junky music - no online sales, just a list of the inventory.

• Members

Originally posted by Brian Marshall

they made a deal with musicians friend when they bought out their retail stores NOT to sell on the net.

They don't need to sell it. They can just list what they have.

They'd probably just get confused, though...

Me - Hi, I saw on your website that you have a Shure SM-57 in stock. Would it be okay if I buy one?

Creepy sales boy - wut iz that? were wood eye get 1 of thoz...

Me - Probably in the pro sound section of the store.

CSB - okey dokey, can eye see you're credit card pleez?

Me - Okay...

CSB - good. now the internet will give u your sure 57 so u can leev now

Me - What?!

CSB - can eye interest u in this squire stratocaster with a built in noise bender handle? look at that d00d ov er there he iz shredding on it. see how MASSIVE his tone iz?

Me - *explodes*

• Members

i would love this - clearly they would be capable of doing it since its all real time inventory flow, but i'm sure they don't want the competition to see what they are stocking, quantities and how fast they are selling them.

but it would be nice to choose the right store w/o having to call since I have 3 of them within easy driving distance of me.

• Members

despite the most advanced inventory tracking systems there are always problems when you get down to low numbers of anything. consider, i just placed an order with Digi-Key (large and popular electronic parts distributor) for 1000 transistors. they told me they had 960 in stock, and they'd ship immediately. three hours later i got an email saying they had an "inventory discrepancy" and they'd be shipping me

drum roll

36 transistors, with a 7 week delay on the rest of the order.

this happens all the time with these companies, and i know for a fact they have the most advanced inventory tracking systems they can afford. if GC did have a system showing quantities at each store, you'd be mighty disappointed arriving there after an hour's drive only to have the salesperson insist that there are still two units showing on the computer, but he can't locate the stock... that would happen more often than you'd be willing to tolerate. it's safer for their reputations to just sell what people can find on the floor!

• Members

id just want them ot list their used stuff so i can decide which one i want to go to because theres two thats within an hour of me and itd be nice ot know which one has better stuff. I can see it being that hard, just tie it into the computers so when they enter a new product it goes on the website, when its rung up it gets taken down.

• Members

daddy's has been doing it with used gear for a year --- when an item comes in, it is entered into the 'new gear' list with a stock # & a price. it also gets listed in the 'used gear' list. when it is sold, that item # is removed from the 'used gear' listing the next day when they do the refresh. works very, very well, and lets me know whats in the stores every day, at least as far as used stuff.

• Members
Originally posted by jTreu

I dont know im bored, it was just a thought.
:freak:

i agree with you. my favorite radio station posts their playlist on their website, and they don't leave out anything! if they can do that, i'm sure GC could do your idea :idea:

Archived