So what effects at the beginning of Chameleons' 'Swamp Thing'?

L6Sguy

• Members

I always thought it was just delay and the warble came from a slight string bend. It could be modulated delay though.

It's funny, I've been a fan for 20 years and I never knew what gear they used. I saw them live at the middle east a few years ago and didn't get close enough to see his effects. :mad:

• Members

Originally posted by mofx4me

I always thought it was just delay and the warble came from a slight string bend. It could be modulated delay though.

It's funny, I've been a fan for 20 years and I never knew what gear they used. I saw them live at the middle east a few years ago and didn't get close enough to see his effects.
:mad:

i just cant tell if its bends, with the delay on top creating the warblies, or if i was hearing something else. i guess i expect every guitar line of that era to have a speck of boss flanger on or somesuch. :o

how was the show?

• Members

Originally posted by L6Sguy

i just cant tell if its bends, with the delay on top creating the warblies, or if i was hearing something else. i guess i expect every guitar line of that era to have a speck of boss flanger on or somesuch.
:o

how was the show?

Great show. I didn't get to see them before they broke up in the 80's (remember how stingy Boston was with all ages shows back then?) so thankfully they reunited and toured a little in 2002.

They did really great versions of the old songs like Swamp Thing and Soul in Isolation and the new songs fit in well. I'm a little disapointed they couldn't stay together.

• Members

Originally posted by L6Sguy

vey cool you got to see them though. maybe its just me, but they sound like they could do just fine in
today's
scene.

Absolutely. Seems like a lot of bands getting played now are influenced by them.

I couldn't believe 'fnx didn't play anything from their comeback album. Especially since Swamp Thing still gets played a lot on leftover lunch.

Archived