Compression pedal problem??

justaguy88

• Members

I jsut recently bought a used Marshall ED-1 compression pedal, and it seemed to work fine the other day, but now when I use it, no matter what the setting, it gives me the sound of slight distortion, really nasty distortion when I pluck the strings hard, like a fart kinda distortion. It is worse when I put the compression level high, but still happens at even moderate levels. Does anyone know what is wrong? I would automatically assume the pedal was broken except for the fact that last week, I returned two digitech delay pedal for malfunctioning in similar ways. My setup is quite simple. This is happening when I am plugging in straight from the guitar to the compression direct then into the amp. I have a peavey classic 30 and a gibson SG. I am almost embaressed to return the pedal because I have returned two others this last week alone and am beginning to think that something I am doing is causing the problems. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Members

Originally posted by justaguy88

I jsut recently bought a used Marshall ED-1 compression pedal, and it seemed to work fine the other day, but now when I use it, no matter what the setting, it gives me the sound of slight distortion, really nasty distortion when I pluck the strings hard, like a fart kinda distortion. It is worse when I put the compression level high, but still happens at even moderate levels. Does anyone know what is wrong? I would automatically assume the pedal was broken except for the fact that last week, I returned two digitech delay pedal for malfunctioning in similar ways. My setup is quite simple. This is happening when I am plugging in straight from the guitar to the compression direct then into the amp. I have a peavey classic 30 and a gibson SG. I am almost embaressed to return the pedal because I have returned two others this last week alone and am beginning to think that something I am doing is causing the problems. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Could be a blown chip....Happens.

Look in the bottom of the pedal, do you have any metal filings in there? Footswitch dying maybe?

• Members

the light turns on and off brightly when I hit the switch. The pedal just completely crapped out. I mean like....totally. Now it barely makes a sound and it hisses and crackles. Is there any concievable way that this could be due to something I have done? or should I just take it back to the store.

• Members

the light turns on and off brightly when I hit the switch. The pedal just completely crapped out. I mean like....totally. Now it barely makes a sound and it hisses and crackles. Is there any concievable way that this could be due to something I have done? or should I just take it back to the store.

It could be a duff footswitch....It happens all too frequently.

What is weird is the previous pedals this week.

Hmmmmm!

Anyone else?

• Members

well, I'm probably gonna return it tommorow, but I'll look like an idiot considering this is the third fault pedal I've returned in the last ten days.
:(

You have checked all cables, amps and the obvious things right?

Archived