guitar pics from my london trip

t_e_l_e

• Members

i'm back from london with some sweet pics

first is me with a lefty ric 330 i tried

IMG_3317.jpg

i wanted to buy a ric 330, but when i played it it hadn't the big mojo i expected and the price tag was a bit high. 1399 pounds was too much. i also tried a 370/12 in blue, but i guess i found out i'm not a 12 string guy, and there was an other 330 with f-holes this was way out of price range (2400 pounds *uff*)

• Members
Originally posted by fishfartz

great pics, thanks for posting

man, you got to play hendrixs V?

i know theres alot of history in the other guitars but that one would have my head spinning if i could play on it
;)

if you go the london have a visit to the hard rock cafes vault. the vault is in the cellar of the store beside the cafe.

if you are nice to the guy he let you play anything downstairs in the vault. their policy is this stuff has to be played and touched by people and not locked behind showcases.

he said the v is insured for 1 million pounds, this was the most expensive guitar i ever held in my hand :D

• Members
Originally posted by kerb

is that not an Esquire?

i don't know, correct me if i'm wrong, the guy told us its a tele, but he was no expert and i didn't made a closer look myself, altough i don't know the difference between a tele and an esquire :D

• Members
Originally posted by t_e_l_e

woooooohooooo, the guy at the vault let me play with jimi's flying v

IMG_3346.JPG

jimi used it on the isle of white festival, i will never wash my hands again
:D

THE FLYING V...when he was playing red house on that guitar he was fiddlin round a lot with the pots tryin to get more volume and you can see in his face he was missing his strat...but still one awesome guitar:D

• Members
Originally posted by RoboPimp

Are you sure those aren't copies?

Surely letting people play a million dollar guitar diminishes it's value?

i'm not sure, but i don't care, i believe it and one of my dreams came true :)

and on the other hand, they don't care about value in $$$, cause they won't sell it anyhow, they want to keep the guitars and show it to people and not selling them to any crazy collector who locks them up and then they never seen in public again.

the vault itself looked realy save, the door looked like on of a bank, i guess they might not have a second vault, secure like this one...

but it's you, if you want to believe it or not, holding jimi's v didn't make me feel any special, and from playing a v it was not any different then playing one in the store, and if you don't believe this is the real one, you will not recognize it it by holding it if they give you the real thing or a copy

• Members
Originally posted by t_e_l_e

i don't know the difference between a tele and an esquire
:D

For shame, t_e_l_e. That's punishable by banishment from this forum, surely. Your ignorance makes me want to :cry:

;)

Simple really, an Esquire doesn't have a neck pickup.

Cool pics, BTW- the main London shops are not the place to go to buy guitars- the prices are generally jacked right up. The prices of imported US guitars are likely to be insane compared to domestic rates anyway.

Still, if you have a good day out getting grubby fingerprints all over nice guitars, it's all good :thu:

Archived