DICKTRON's AOTD--It's Halloween...

DICKTRON

• Members

e97887ds8yd.jpg

The Dream Syndicate--Days of Wine and Roses

I listened to this album religiously in college, and still pull it out on occasion, especially for the song Halloween. Tag them as neo-psychedelic revivalists, or Velvet Underground clones, but I still think this is one of the best albums to come out of the early 80s.

• Members

Originally posted by palthegiraffe

It's not really that good an album at all, but this one always makes my Halloween complete for some reason:

f434d250fca0895e37514010.L.jpg

Lyle Preslar, dude! and Archangel!! them's some good {censored}. :thu:

not listening to it now, but my pick for spookiest Halloween album would be some Fantomas or possibly the Kids of Widney High.

widneyhigh1.jpg

• Members

I'm listening to Mozart's Requiem right now. Yesterday, I happened across a link that got me into Columbia University's classical music archives. So, I'm listening to this (a truly haunting work) and next I'm thinking it'll be Schubert's Unfinished Symphony. Huzzah for these internets!

And Delorean, is that school album anything like that one from the 70s where this music teacher taught his kids a bunch of stuff like "God Only Knows" and "Space Oddity" and then had them do a concert? I can't remember the name of that album, but I have it as home.

• Members

Originally posted by BillyGrahamCracker

I'm listening to Mozart's Requiem right now. Yesterday, I happened across a link that got me into Columbia University's classical music archives. So, I'm listening to this (a truly haunting work) and next I'm thinking it'll be Schubert's Unfinished Symphony. Huzzah for these internets!

And Delorean, is that school album anything like that one from the 70s where this music teacher taught his kids a bunch of stuff like "God Only Knows" and "Space Oddity" and then had them do a concert? I can't remember the name of that album, but I have it as home.

The Kids of Whidney High are a retarded chorus. I think some rock star helped popularize them.

I love Mozart. We share a birthday.

• Members

Originally posted by bucket_brigadier

The Kids of Whidney High are a retarded chorus. I think some rock star helped popularize them.

I love Mozart. We share a birthday.

Oh. I don't think the kids on the school album I'm thinking of were retarded. Actually, I almost think they were Canadian.

And I love the whole "shared" birthday thing. But I'm a geek like that. I share mine with Willie Mays, Freud, and Valentino, so I've always liked those guys. Sadly, I also share mine with Bob Seger. :(

Archived