So how will you be tampering with the Halloween candy this year?

jcn37203

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by delorean

i'll be handing out the usual Fantasia tattoos/blotter acid.

On the reals though, are you going to hand out vegan candy?

Maybe, Tofootsie Rolls? Tofolly Ranchers?

I'm considering handing out bags of Hu Fu.

• Members
Originally posted by jcn37203

On the reals though, are you going to hand out vegan candy?

Maybe, Tofootsie Rolls? Tofolly Ranchers?

I'm considering handing out bags of Hu Fu.

{censored}, HuFu would be awesome!! :D

nah, teh wife bought some standard Reese's {censored}, ostensibly for the kids, but more likely for her.

it's just as well that i can't eat it -- i can't be trusted with sugary {censored} in the house.

• Members

Against my better judgment, we're taking the 18-month-old out for a short walk tonight in her bee costume. She's kind of scared of strangers, and gets cranky/tired at about that time of evening. So it could be a big train wreck. But I'm going to get one cute photo out of it if it kills me.

• Members
Originally posted by delorean

{censored}, HuFu would be awesome!!
:D

nah, teh wife bought some standard Reese's {censored}, ostensibly for the kids, but more likely for her.

it's just as well that i can't eat it -- i can't be trusted with sugary {censored} in the house.

I always have the hardest time picking out Halloween candy, because I hate candy. So I'm always like "What do they like? Round red {censored}? Oblong green {censored}? Stretchy brown {censored}? Whats on sale?"

• Members

Originally posted by palthegiraffe

One of these years I want to hand out paranoid religious pamphlets instead of candy, since that's becoming a lost art.

I knew a guy once who really did hand out the book of John.

Whats that one about, anyway? Everyone always talks about book of John like it's the best one.

• Members
Originally posted by phishmarisol

The book of John is the one that paints Jesus as way more divine than human. It's my least favorite of the Gospels.
:(

Oh I was thinking maybe it was the part where Moses gets his hand cut off by Pharoah, and Jesus learns to levitate a chariot.

• Members
Originally posted by phishmarisol

The book of John is the one that paints Jesus as way more divine than human. It's my least favorite of the Gospels.
:(

Yep. That's the reason. It's the least historical and most preachy of them. But, I can handle John MUCH more than I can handle the malarcky that Paul tries to sell later on in that book.

• Members

(HiJack re-direction attempt)

Actually, you don't have to alter candy to cause
great damage...the sugars, acids and the little ones'
lousy oral hygiene habits will cause enough damage all
by themselves.

...of course, I am biased...

...I'm a dentist...

• Members

Originally posted by lefort_1

(HiJack re-direction attempt)

Actually, you don't have to alter candy to cause

great damage...the sugars, acids and the little ones'

lousy oral hygiene habits will cause enough damage all

by themselves.

...of course, I am biased...

...I'm a dentist...

How can I get my 18-month-old to enjoy brushing her teeth? She resists our brushing them for her. We usually manage anyway, but I wish it weren't such a struggle. She's too young for toothpaste, so that's no help at this time.

• Members
Originally posted by palthegiraffe

How can I get my 18-month-old to enjoy brushing her teeth? She resists our brushing them for her. We usually manage anyway, but I wish it weren't such a struggle. She's too young for toothpaste, so that's no help at this time.

Hey, they're baby teeth. It doesn't count anyway.

:)

Kidding...

I knew a little kid once who had what we would today call a "platinum grill". This was well before it was cool.

• Members

Originally posted by dot-dot-dot

We're just ignoring anyone who knocks on the door. If they're persistent we have both a hose and a strobe light.

Dear God I'd love to be beaten with a rubber hose by strobe light.

That seems like the kind of thing that would change your life.

• Members
Originally posted by jcn37203

Hey, they're baby teeth. It doesn't count anyway.

:)

Kidding...

I knew a little kid once who had what we would today call a "platinum grill". This was well before it was cool.

I've read that you can now get pink or blue fillings for kids' baby teeth. But I'd prefer to avoid that whole problem altogether as much as possible. She has never eaten a piece of candy, or had any sugary beverages. Other than that, I don't know that there's a lot else to do at this early age.

Archived