I wondering if Scooter is going to jail?

LongJohnny

• Members

LJ; when will you learn? Do business with these bottom-feeders; but quit trying to elevate their limited cognizance skills to your level. It only gets you boint, get my drift?

How're the dogs, I need to roll by your place and meet 'em.

W did good today, did us proud!!

• Members

From what I have read, Fitzgerald is a very conservative prosecutor. He doesn't bring up charges unless he knows he can get a conviction. That is why he did not initially put forth conspiracy charges. To paraphrase him, Libby's lies so murked the waters that he has to untangle them first to see if there was a conspiracy.

As to jail time, depends if he is pardoned, if he is this administration will lose all credibility in the restoring honor to the White House. How can someone argue differently?

• Members
Originally posted by Sir H C

....this administration will lose all credibility in the restoring honor to the White House....

i never really got that sorta math involving so many negative values; does 4,657 negatives make a positive :confused:

• Members

From the Fitzgerald Q&A:

"QUESTION: Mr. Fitzgerald, the Republicans previewed some talking points in anticipation of your indictment and they said that if you didn't indict on the underlying crimes and you indicted on things exactly like you did indict -- false statements, perjury, obstruction -- these were, quote/unquote, 'technicalities,' and that it really was over reaching and excessive. . . .

"FITZGERALD: I'll be blunt. That talking point won't fly. If you're doing a national security investigation, if you're trying to find out who compromised the identity of a CIA officer and you go before a grand jury and if the charges are proven -- because remember there's a presumption of innocence -- but if it is proven that the chief of staff to the vice president went before a federal grand jury and lied under oath repeatedly and fabricated a story about how he learned this information, how he passed it on, and we prove obstruction of justice, perjury and false statements to the FBI, that is a very, very serious matter. . . .

"Our allegation is in trying to drill down and find out exactly what we got here, if we received false information, that process is frustrated. . . .

"If Mr. Libby is proven to have done what we've alleged, convicting him of obstruction of justice, perjury and false statements -- very serious felonies -- will vindicate the interest of the public in making sure he's held accountable."

• Members

Originally posted by themeanreds

Do you think it acceptable that he and Rove leaked classified information to reporters?

I believe he was just saying what would happen, not what should happen...descriptive vs. prescriptive and all that...

• Members

Originally posted by BmoreTele

He will spend a fortune on lawyers and then get pardoned by W.

I can't see a pardon. George is up to his eyes and very much associated with ethics violations. He dodn't need to provide more amo for the other side. Libby will fall on the sword and go to jail. Cheney will be spared because of that and Rove will be fined and be kept on the evil team

• Members
Originally posted by BmoreTele

Would you care to define "us?"

1 - Italian Americans

2 - Republicans

3 - Pro-Life peeps

4 - White men

5 - Conservatives

6 - Fight fans

pick one or add other options.

You forgot NASCAR fans!:D

Glad so many liked my Miers "stalking horse" line from the judge thread enough to commandeer it. What's the phrase of the week prize?;)

Archived