WOT: My idea for a gameshow

Lanefair

• Members

Ok, there's a million pounds on offer, the rules are simple:

1. You lie down

2. A pound coin drops onto your face from a 5ft height. You get to keep the coin

3. Coins continue to drop at a steady rate until you decide to stop

It's kind of like water torture. I think I'd get to about

• Members

I like it. It has two of the essential ingredients needed for a good gameshow, greed and contestant humiliation. All that it lacks is a quiz of some sort to keep it "interactive" for the audience. I would recommend the following format:

2 contestants go head to head.

An initial trivia question is asked to both contestants to determine who gets hit in the face with coins first.

Questions are then asked in turn to both contestants.

Everytime you answer a question correctly, the coins start to drop on the other contestant and coins will stop coming down on you.

Should you answer incorrectly, the coins come down more frequently (I know, stroke of genius!) i.e. more pain

The coins that hit your opponent are the ones that you win. Thus, the more questions you answer right the more money you win, the less you get hit and the more pain you dish out.

I think it's ingenius as it punishes thick contestants who we all hate. I'd watch it, What do you reckon?

• Members

If the coin weighs a pound that will really hurt!;)

Seriously how much does a pound coin weigh.

I think that you need something more as no one will watch someone repeatedly hit in the head, maybe aerial view and it is like a bombing run anywhere on their body.

A strike to the teeth would be the worst I think.

• Members

Not sure how much a pound coin weighs, but it's the heaviest of our coins (tell a lie, the two pound coin is).

My very first idea for this show was that someone could win a million pounds, but only if they survived having a million pound coins dropped on their head in one go. Only poor stupid people would think they could survive it and it would make great entertainment for the rest of us.

I liked that competetive coin droppage one though.

• Members

Originally posted by Sir H C

Even better, coin shooting guns that the contestants shoot at each other hit the other guy with your coin you keep it, dodged he keeps it.

Put them in a steel cage and give them high-concept personalities and I think you've got the new ultimate fighting sport.

Two men enter, one man leaves... with a sack full of quarters.

Archived