Cheapest ring mod?

veil

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

Alesis ModFx Bitrman

a lot of multi-fx units have a ring mod.

my yamaha magicstomp ($90 at MF) has one and is pretty cool.

This pleases me. I can't seem to find the Bitrman on MF or Ebay though. Do you know of another place to find it?

Also, I'm going to research that ol' Magicstomp. Thanks jefe.

• Members
Originally posted by veil

I searched for it on MF and they only had Magicstomp II for $199.
:(

Also, still can't find a Bitrman.

no longer sold really. MF clearanced them for $30-40. they should pop up on ebay now and again. Magicstomps can be had on the 'bay for $80+.

• Members
Originally posted by camerashake

CK3, here's a question since you're a man in the know - Magicstomp or Ineko?

It's a tough call ... one is programmable, and the other isn't ... one can provide all sorts of sick, industrial/techno/experimental effects, and the other is geared more toward traditional musicians ... and one has a crappy preamp that can munsen your signal chain, while the other is more transparent ... I dunno ... I'd probably go with an Alesis Akira (choice number three). :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by GuyaGuy

no longer sold really. MF clearanced them for $30-40. they should pop up on ebay now and again. Magicstomps can be had on the 'bay for $80+.

Crapshoes. :(

I was really hooked when I just learned it had ring mod AND all kinds of other crazy {censored}. :(

Anything else that has crazy stuff?

• Members
Originally posted by veil

Crapshoes.

I was really hooked when I just learned it had ring mod AND all kinds of other crazy {censored}.

Anything else that has crazy stuff?

The Alesis Ineko ... which may be steadily declining in price. :love::thu:

• Members

Ineko: cheap fun effects that will go well with a Noise Swash (I've checked!). Doesn't necessarily sound great, but it has its own flavor that I like.

Magicstomp: classier, more traditional effects, not as much fun for tweaking in my opinion, absolutely dreadful presets that you have to use your computer to really get into

Korg AX1G: cheesy but kind of compelling pedal-controlled ring mod--your absolute cheapest ring mod

Bitrman: small subset of Ineko effects, usable all at once, disgusting and noisy (both in the good and the bad way)

In the end, my cheap ring mod solution was a used EH Frequency Analyzer. Keep your eye on Ebay--they often go for $80-90. It's huge and a little more expensive, but it's worth it--the other "cheap" ring mods all have significant bypass issues (even by my lenient standards) or flimsy plastic construction.

• Members
Originally posted by Hopeless Romantic

Just started looking into the Magicstomp. How is it for pitch shifting?

Postively divine, IMO .... though there still has to be a bit of a lag to ensure perfect intonation. :o

Archived