Competition for these pedals please

david_gy

• Members

So i'm looking to invest in a few pedals for my new band. Mainly interested in a nice delay and a nice reverb.

I'm thinking about a Boss DD-3 and an Electro Harmonix Holy Grail. Both seem to get good reviews and can be picked up for good prices on ebay.

We're playing quite a mix of styles, but generally its pretty chilled and melodic (minus the bear, mogwai, explosions in the sky etc are influences)

What other delays/reverbs in a similar price range should I be considering or are these adequete?.

Also what mid-priced tremolo would people recommend

• Members

I have the DD3 the delays are very clean and IMHO it's not good for shorter/ambient/slapback type sounds. I use a Deluxe Memoryman for that. The DMM does this very well but with a limit of 550ms (sometimes less) it's not good for longer stuff.

I tried the Holy Grail and didnt like it. I use two delays with mismatched delay times to get reverb sounds.

• Members

digitech has some nicely priced well-made boxes that are slightly more feature rich than the boss boxes.

digidelay and digiverb.

you may also want to look into the line 6 tonecore pedals - the reverb pedal comes out shortly, but the echo park has tons of features for ambient stuff.

i use the boss DD5, the line 6 tonecore trem and the line 6 DL4 in the music linked in my sig, which is ambient indie stuff like Mogwai - check it out to see if that's your bag.

mid-priced tremolos that sound decent are:
Marshall Vibratrem
voodoo labs trem
rocktron pulse tremolo

Archived