*ACK!* Paypal cancelled my debit card!!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

So, I received an email stating that recently my Debit Card had been compromised.

I've never received an email from Paypal like that before, and it didn't really look like an official PayPal email, so I deleted it not thinking anything of it.

The next day I get a call from PayPal... missed the call... call them back, and ask a representative what's going on. He says he doesn't have a clue and that I should check my PayPal account online to see if my debit card is there.

Sure enough, it's gone, and asking me if I want to sign up for a debit card.

So I ask him if he knows what's going on, and he says he doesn't have a clue.

I say, well thanks, and hang up frustrated, then re-order a new debit card.

- - -

In the past, Paypal has frozen my account on three seperate occasions when my spending habits change, just to make sure that my card wasn't stolen.

The first time was a hassle, because I didn't know they would do that, and I had to call them to unfreeze my account.

The second and third times weren't so bad, because I knew to just call them and have my account fixed.

... but this time almost screwed me over, because I was literally just about to walk out the door and go get a Money Order for rent that was due the next day.

Fortunately I had money in my "real world" bank that I could use for rent... but still... being with out my PayPal debit card has set me back about a week in production because I can't access the money in my PayPal account to order more parts.

- - -

In the end... I understand that maybe if someone stole a bunch of PayPal records, and they decided to be safe and cancel people's debit cards... how that would be better than not... but I dunno... in the end it really makes me want to avoid keeping any money in my paypal account in the future.

*shrugs*

Just thought I'd throw this out there to see what other people's experiences are with PayPal, and their over-cautious security measures.

devi-

• Members

I think Paypal is a necessary evil, it makes online transactions very simple but is a complete pain in the arse most of the time otherwise.

I don't leave money in my Paypal account as I always have this feeling that I'll log on one day and it won't be there! Whenever I pay for something with Paypal the money comes straight from my bank account.

Their fees stink too.

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by sub rosa

I think Paypal is a necessary evil, it makes online transactions very simple but is a complete pain in the arse most of the time otherwise.

I don't leave money in my Paypal account as I always have this feeling that I'll log on one day and it won't be there! Whenever I pay for something with Paypal the money comes straight from my bank account.

Their fees stink too.

Aye... I think that is what I'm going to start doing from now on.

devi-

Archived