Finally, a new clip.

ginnboonmiller

• Members

http://myspace.com/ocrabanza

A nice little three-minute slice of old rehearsal for your listening pleasure or discomfort.

Guaranteed to make the office question your sanity. High likelihood that you'll question mine.

Enjoy. Comment.

Don't worry, we know about the recording quality. It's a stereo microphone taped to a mic stand and running into a mini-disc recorder. We weren't sweating sound quality. Anyway, there's so much to make fun of on this clip that commenting on the sound quality would be a waste.

• Members

for some reason the song is taking forever to load...white tornado! weird! they did a split 7" with my friends colossamite. small friggin' world.
have you listened to anything by my band? (link below) it seems we live in similar arty rock worlds.
song's playin now...beefhearty guitaring..drums falling down the stairs...daddy likes.

• Members

Originally posted by voerking

for some reason the song is taking forever to load...white tornado! weird! they did a split 7" with my friends colossamite. small friggin' world.

have you listened to anything by my band? (link below) it seems we live in similar arty rock worlds.

song's playin now...beefhearty guitaring..drums falling down the stairs...daddy likes.

I just dug the hell out of Total Joplin. Very nice stuff.

• Members

Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

I take back my previous sad smiley.

This band has limited appeal, but it works. I've got something poppier on the back burner right now. Stay tuned for a more impressed jcn.

Oh, I wasn't being sincere. I haven't even heard the clip. It was a throwback to jrak.

I should have added the jrack avatar.

• Members

Originally posted by Jaymeister

You should do more of the same, and put together an album. Actually, some of it would be a cool lead in to a totally rocked out, in the pocket tune.

Thanks. We're working on it. Should have a European release by summertime (guitarist is from Italy, so are our business connections), and hopefully a nice stateside label will pick it up.

We're working on the in-the-pocket thing, too...

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

Oh, I wasn't being sincere. I haven't even heard the clip. It was a throwback to jrak.

I should have added the jrack avatar.

I'll tell you one thing that totally breaks my heart -- in the race between Kevin putting this clip up and our scaring jrak away, the forum won. I would love to have heard his reaction.

• Members

I like it. :thu:

I'll tell you one thing that totally breaks my heart -- in the race between Kevin putting this clip up and our scaring jrak away, the forum won. I would love to have heard his reaction.

Do you think he'd listen to your criticism if he liked the clip?

• Members

Originally posted by RoboPimp

I like the effect you all were using that made you sound like a bunch of talentless hacks, what do you call that one?

We put the whole thing through the Craptron Massive Suck pedal, and we mastered the recording with the Tone Destroyer and Talent Remover patches that come with the newest version of {censored}Tools.

Thanks for asking.

• Members

We put the whole thing through the Craptron Massive Suck pedal, and we mastered the recording with the Tone Destroyer and Talent Remover patches that come with the newest version of {censored}Tools.

Thanks for asking.

cool, you must have had to run it though those pedals over and over to make it sound as {censored}ty and talentless as it does!

• Members

I really dug it. At first I thought you were poking fun at you know who, then it became reminiscent of some old Zappa free form stuff. I like it a lot. What do you think of Primus?

You complete failure!!!! in music! :D

My band jams on some wacky stuff like that ocassionally its fun to just see how weird you can go and still keep it together.

• Members
Originally posted by mst3k

I really dug it. At first I thought you were poking fun at you know who, then it became reminiscent of some old Zappa free form stuff. I like it a lot. What do you think of Primus?

You complete failure!!!! in music!
:D

My band jams on some wacky stuff like that ocassionally its fun to just see how weird you can go and still keep it together.

Thanks! We're coming from a different frame of reference than Zappa/Primus, but I can easily see the connection.

That clip is three minutes from about half an hour of improvising. The goal is to keep things loose, noisy, and generally joyful -- kind of an Albert Ayler with loud guitars thing. We're all three renegades from our tradition -- I was classical boy, drummer went to Berklee, guitarist is ex-metal. So we're kind of playing with avoiding the stuff we didn't like about our traditions, as opposed to working out something super-serious and disciplined. And we try to get a little suck in there for RoboPimp.

• Members

Im sorry, yeah I knew it wasn't Zappa or Primus, its more free form and in/out there. I only mentioned them cause I got to go to a couple of Zappa rehearsals, a long while back, and he had sheet music for everyone and there were colossal holes with some scribbles where the band would just go freeform wacko, and then just rock solid back in on well................a Zappa thing. :)

I just thought you dug those bands as well just cause..............

Anyways, I dig it! For what it is, for real.

• Members

SNAP, Oh jeez wtf was I thinking. That {censored} was unlistenable. You are a failure at music.

Man.................what was that hurricane that blew thru and stirred our pot collectively.

Uh Uh Uh uH Jay........rak,

Uh Uh Uh Jay...........rak.

Human Tor.............naaaaah............doh.

can you dig it? Daaaauuuuuuummmmmm. Boiyeeeeeeeee!

:freak: :freak:

Archived