Guitar Center is Holding a Line 6 Dr Distorto for Me

• Members

Originally posted by 1DZReverendDavidLee

There are no reviews of this pedal on the HC Effects Database or anywhere else that I can find yet. This should prove interesting. The local GC called me (cuz I asked them to) when these came in. They received a whopping (2) of them. Wow. Review later...

:cool:

Yeah, Rev, I was eyeballing that pedal myself. The demos didn't sound half bad at all. I'm gassin for that and the Verbzilla. Time to start selling some {censored}. :cool:

• Members

Okay -I've spent an hour with this pedal. I used Les Pauls, an SG Classic with P-90's and a Fender Strat, Amps used were a Rivera Chubster, a Marshall Bluesbreaker and an Orange Rocker 30.

THIS PEDAL HAS TO BE ONE OF THE ABSOLUTE WORST PIECES OF TONAL TRASH I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE... :mad:

What an incredibly useless horrid sounding piece of {censored} - on every {censored}ing setting on the thing. In my opinion a stock-off-the-shelf Boss DS-1 is boutique compared to this worse {censored}ing thing I ever heard. Like razor blades on a chalkboard.

The louder I cranked it -the worse it got. The "sustain on demand" settings - horrid nightmarish trash. And once you got it loud enough to actually get the full on endless sustain -you can let go of the guitar all together and the {censored}ing thing keeps going and going and going -even if you strike another note -it doesn't allow you to play another note -it just keeps screaming like a {censored}ing banshee on the last note you played. You have to turn down all the {censored}ing dials to make it shut the {censored} up.

$100 my {censored}ing ass. This thing is only good for one thing -throwing it at the stupid assholes that released this thing into the marketplace. What an insult. I just lost all respect for Line 6's Tone Core (TC = Total Crap) line. Dr Distorto should be used to torture terrorists. A few minutes with this thing would make anyone give up Osama in 2 seconds flat. I'm taking it back tomorrow and getting my money back. This is one huge piece of {censored}. I'm pissed I wasted an hour of my life plugging this thing in. Pure useless crap. Save your money.

End of story. Line 6 should be ashamed. :mad:

• Members

Keep this bumped PLEASE - I don't want anyone on this forum to waste ten cents with this pedal. This thread is a {censored}ing public service to guitarists everywhere. I think I'll post it on my Pedal Pick of the Month page as possibly the worse pedal ever made in the history of effects. Yes. It's that bad. :mad:

• Members

I posted in another thread earlier today that I truly believed if you have some chops and good gear, amp etc that you should be able to find at least one sweet spot on just about any pedal.

Dr Distorto made a complete liar out of me.

There are no sweet spots on this pedal. None. Zip. Zero.
:mad:

so what are you saying about your chops? :wave:

• Members

You gotta figure that Line 6's take on a distortion box would pretty much suck.

Don't start throwing the baby out with the bathwater, though. The other ToneCore pedals that I've used are pretty damned good, assuming you power them correctly. The EchoPark, Tap Tremolo, and Space Chorus still get a thumbs up from me, FWIW.

• Members

Okay -I've spent an hour with this pedal. I used Les Pauls, an SG Classic with P-90's and a Fender Strat, Amps used were a Rivera Chubster, a Marshall Bluesbreaker and an Orange Rocker 30.

THIS PEDAL HAS TO BE ONE OF THE ABSOLUTE WORST PIECES OF TONAL TRASH I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE...

What an incredibly useless horrid sounding piece of {censored} - on every {censored}ing setting on the thing. In my opinion a stock-off-the-shelf Boss DS-1 is boutique compared to this worse {censored}ing thing I ever heard. Like razor blades on a chalkboard.

The louder I cranked it -the worse it got. The "sustain on demand" settings - horrid nightmarish trash. And once you got it loud enough to actually get the full on endless sustain -you can let go of the guitar all together and the {censored}ing thing keeps going and going and going -even if you strike another note -it doesn't allow you to play another note -it just keeps screaming like a {censored}ing banshee on the last note you played. You have to turn down all the {censored}ing dials to make it shut the {censored} up.

$100 my {censored}ing ass. This thing is only good for one thing -throwing it at the stupid assholes that released this thing into the marketplace. What an insult. I just lost all respect for Line 6's Tone Core (TC = Total Crap) line. Dr Distorto should be used to torture terrorists. A few minutes with this thing would make anyone give up Osama in 2 seconds flat. I'm taking it back tomorrow and getting my money back. This is one huge piece of {censored}. I'm pissed I wasted an hour of my life plugging this thing in. Pure useless crap. Save your money.

End of story. Line 6 should be ashamed.

Guessin this wont be the Pick of the month for December then huh?

:D :D

• Members

I don't know, I'm getting a little bit of a mixed vibe here. So then are you saying this is a definite buy or one to avoid? The overall tone of your post seems to be a little ambiguous. Can you state your opinions a little more clearly? Or to be more exact, if this was a Fulltone pedal and you just made an H-C review, would Mike be asking H-C to review the post right about now?:D

Archived