new diamond memory lane delay.wow!

MRscratch

• Members

just bought this amazing pedal. got to the website and check it out.

an analog delay with expression pedal feedback contro and tap tempo. it has bucket brigade panasonic n.o.s mn3005 's{2}

offers 5.5ms of delay has a loop in it, is gorgeous. also has modulation , like a m.man. the best delay ive ever owned.

ive owned a maxon 999, and a 900

• Members

i felt kind of fat and proud, when a guy from a guitargear-site came and tested my echoczar. He said the memory lane is no way near the echoczar in sound and versatility. He had just played the memory lane for an hour and he said the echoczar wins hands down.

:):p

• Members

Originally posted by ollenorin

i felt kind of fat and proud, when a guy from a guitargear-site came and tested my echoczar. He said the memory lane is no way near the echoczar in sound and versatility. He had just played the memory lane for an hour and he said the echoczar wins hands down.

:):p

Just keep telling yourself that...

...we all know it's just a matter of time.:D

• Members

Originally posted by sub rosa

I think the 2 pedals really should be considered on their own merits as they have different features from one another. I went Memory Lane for the modulation mainly and then for the tap tempo.

the echoczar has modulation (angelbaby)...tap tempo is something ive never used...i dont use delay as a tempomachine.

but its cheaper....thats good

675 aint too much when you think of how many dirtboxes most people have....easily 500-1000 bucks many spend on that....with the echoczar you need one delay and then u are done...also 3 channels, eko/delaymode, and expressionpedal and modulation and feedbackswitch.

• Members

Originally posted by ollenorin

675 aint too much when you think of how many dirtboxes most people have....easily 500-1000 bucks many spend on that....

Hmmm, I think many would disagree about $675 not being too much! :)

I own one dirt box....a EHX Double Muff which cost me

• Members

I have the Echoczar and the MemLane. They are different enough for me to keep both. And I like delays in series.

I bought the MemLane thinking it would be a hotrodded Memory Man. But it`s doing its own thing and I`ll keep my two Memory Men.

Echoczar - reigns as the delay with the biggest, larger than life, sounding repeats. Nothing like it when using fuzz. Very dynamic, reacts to how you play it. The most comprehensive features. I use mine in stereo where it sounds like a billion bucks which is a lot more than $675.

MemLane - Not as fat as the Echoczar. More like the AD900. The EQ knob can make it brighter but then the repeats will progressively get brighter, so with many repeats going it will sound like a lowpass filter which can be cool, but not always.

I really like this pedal with the modulation and the expr. pedal.

Have quite a bit more delay time than the so-called (advertised)550ms of the Memory Man (which is more like 400ms).

Memor Man - still the one than sounds most like a good conditioned tape delay, I think. The "brightest" of the three, the one with the most shimmer. To me a tapedelay is not typical darksounding as many believe. The DMM can bounce off a lot of repeats, on the verge of self-oscillating, and sound real shimmery but the repeats don`t get gradually brighter, like the MemLane with a similar setting.

The MemLane and Echoczar sounds more earthy (I`m waiting on the Angelbaby).

Edit -

I opened the Memory Man yesterday looking for a trimpot for the delay time. Found five or six trimpots but none affected the delay time.

• Members

Originally posted by threm

I have the Echoczar and the MemLane. They are different enough for me to keep both. And I like delays in series.

I bought the MemLane thinking it would be a hotrodded Memory Man. But it`s doing its own thing and I`ll keep my two Memory Men.

Echoczar - reigns as the delay with the biggest, larger than life, sounding repeats. Nothing like it when using fuzz. Very dynamic, reacts to how you play it. The most comprehensive features. I use mine in stereo where it sounds like a billion bucks which is a lot more than $675.

MemLane - Not as fat as the Echoczar. More like the AD900. The EQ knob can make it brighter but then the repeats will progressively get brighter, so with many repeats going it will sound like a lowpass filter which can be cool, but not always.

I really like this pedal with the modulation and the expr. pedal.

Have quite a bit more delay time than the so-called (advertised)550ms of the Memory Man (which is more like 400ms).

Memor Man - still the one than sounds most like a good conditioned tape delay, I think. The "brightest" of the three, the one with the most shimmer. To me a tapedelay is not typical darksounding as many believe. The DMM can bounce off a lot of repeats, on the verge of self-oscillating, and sound real shimmery but the repeats don`t get gradually brighter, like the MemLane with a similar setting.

The MemLane and Echoczar sounds more earthy (I`m waiting on the Angelbaby).

Edit -

I opened the Memory Man yesterday looking for a trimpot for the delay time. Found five or six trimpots but none affected the delay time.

Thanks for the comparison, threm. I'm still thinking about trying the echoczar. Depends on how I feel when my name comes up. I love the tap tempo on the memory lane. I think I'll probably end up with an ad999 for longer delays (both ML and EC would be more that I need and take up way too much space).

I've never tried the Maxons, but I'm getting the impression that the Memory Lane is pretty comparable sound-wise with added eq and modulation (it uses similar chips to the AD900). Can anyone confirm this?

• Members

Originally posted by bucket_brigadier

I've never tried the Maxons, but I'm getting the impression that the Memory Lane is pretty comparable sound-wise with added eq and modulation (it uses similar chips to the AD900). Can anyone confirm this?

I have the AD900 here. I`ll do some comparison with the MemLAne tonight and report back.

Anything special you`re looking for?

• Members

Originally posted by sub rosa

Hmmm, I think many would disagree about $675 not being too much!
:)

That kind of money for a delay pedal (without presets) really is crazy, just ridiculous.

I love delay and need to run in the fx loop. Buying a $ 200,- Rocktron Intelliverb was one of my best purchases ever.

Archived