Where do you stand on flanging?

Fourth Floor

• Members

Meh. I got tired of the same sounds from my old mij BF2, only used it in a couple of songs anyway, so I replaced it with a Digitech Multivoice chorus. Now I have 2 choruses, the Multivoice set for slow spacey sounds which emulate a flanger well enough, and an old Arion SCH-1 set for fast Leslie warbles. Turns out this is a better setup for me, so the BF2 is up for sale.

• Members

Originally posted by english_bob

I hate the jetplane whooshing thing, and the "twisted metal tube" sound Fern talked about- both seem really dated and weren't such great ideas in the first place.

I have a DOD flanger I bought cheap. It's set quite subtly (the pedal is quite subtle generally and doesn't seem keen to do the cheesy plane sounds)- it sounds more like a doubling effect or a slight, warbly chorus- more late Hendrix, Wall-era Gilmour or Andy Summers than nasty 80s hair metal.

+1 on that stuff. i also have a DOD (640) which has been modded for a much wider speed range. 99% of the time i use it, its set to 'wicked slow,' and it works perfectly for doubling effects. makes me think Randy Rhoads, among others. i dont think most would know i'm even using a flanger, as the whoosh/metal things is not at all there, just a thickening and slight change of attack.

in the flanger stable right now:

FL-9

SFL-1

ross flanger

bf-2

Archived