How does the forum compare to your local scene?

english_bob

• Members

Found this thread in the Amp forum, and if you can weed out all the stuff about whose amp PWNs who, it's an interesting topic.

When we're here, we talk about all kinds of boutique, vintage and rare gear, and most of us have pretty sweet guitar rigs, but when you gig, what sort of gear are you seeing, and what's your band and your "scene's" attitude to your gear fetish?

In Derby, there's very few bands I've seen who are playing out with really nice rigs- I usually see pretty average, mainstream guitars, effects and only occasionally come across nice amps.

There's one band we've played with whose guitarist recently traded a Marshall TSL for a Boogie F30 or F50, and still sounds like my ass after an indian. Another band has a guitarist who I rate pretty highly whose rig consists of a Strat with hot rails, a Muff, an SD-1, a Fender HRD and a Holy Grail. He sounds fantastic.

What sort of things are you guys seeing? Is your local "scene" as into gear as you are?

• Members

the local scene were i live is dominated either by young punk and nu-metal (yes, its still ..."huge" were i live ...) or by old cover bands.

gearwise it like this:

- the younger bands all have {censored}ty marshall amps and {censored}ty fender strat or gibson sg copies, lots of boss pedals or POD's ...

- the older bands all have fender strats and fender amps, very very few pedals, lots of POD's or boss multieffects

yes. its this sad 'round here.

Archived