Question fx techs: dl4 problem...

woodsmandan

• Members

Hi everybody...i'm new in this forum...although i've been surfing it for a while to get info and opinions...

I have a question for the techs out there:

I changed batteries of my Line 6 DL4 on a dark stage, and i put them in the wrong way (it was before the last set, so i was a little drunk...)...when i came back 10 minutes later to start playing, no sound came out (obviously!) and the unit was very warm...i removed the batteries and they were hot!...the delay never worked since...what could it be?...i don't want to send it to the company for 3 months and the local electronic techs won't touch it. Unless maybe if i can give them a clue on what could be wrong...

And anyone has a shematic?

Thanx

• Members

It's not an issue of the DL4's cheapness so much as it is the boneheadedness of putting the batteries in the wrong way. It's a common way to start campfires when your matches get wet, too. Batteries store a lot of energy, and when put together to form a closed circuit like that, they release a whole lot of energy as heat. You probably burned or melted something.

(You were drunk, so no big deal -- you're probably not a bonehead, but it was a bonehead move.)

• Members

Yes i did, first thing i did...they told me to bring it to the nearest Line 6 service center, wich is 1 000 000 miles away from here, so i brought it back to the shop i bought it...they had no clue and offered to ship it to line 6...but there must be an easier way than loose it for 3 months...so i tought i'd ask this forum, in case someone had an easy answer, like some fuse inside...or maybe someone here had a similar experience...

• Members

Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

It's not an issue of the DL4's cheapness so much as it is the boneheadedness of putting the batteries in the wrong way. It's a common way to start campfires when your matches get wet, too. Batteries store a lot of energy, and when put together to form a closed circuit like that, they release a whole lot of energy as heat. You probably burned or melted something.

(You were drunk, so no big deal -- you're probably not a bonehead, but it was a bonehead move.)

i agree, it was a bone head move, i'm not to proud of:freak:

but i would have thought that they put some sort of circuit breaker to a 320 dollars cdn pedal, so it wont burn so easily...surely i'm not the first drunk or bone head to do that?

• Members

Originally posted by chrisjnyc

I know Keeley was doing mods for the DL-4, maybe he can bring it back to life too.

I just checked his site...no repairs are possible for it as there is no parts available yet...i guess i'll have no choice than send it to Line 6...

but thanks for the hint, it made me want to get one of my dd3 modded!

Archived