The Dreaded "I spend too much on pedals" thread

Lanefair

• Members

Originally posted by CustomGR

I'd say there are a lot of people here that are in a worse situation than that..

Well I'm kind of counting on it, to make me feel better! Seriously though I think my guitar/amp to fx ratio is a bit silly

• Members
Originally posted by Lanefair

Well I'm kind of counting on it, to make me feel better! Seriously though I think my guitar/amp to fx ratio is a bit silly

when you pedals start to weigh more than your amp/cab setup- you have too many pedals...
:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by playdabluze

This place does absolutely nothing to curb the G.A.S., does it?

No, but it helps, inside...

Seriously though, this forum can make pedals seem like more than they are, even worse than the way the manufacturers do. It's nobody's fault but our own....don't believe the hype!

• Members

I gig with 15 pedals separated in two pedalboards roughly 3500 $CAN. Amp and guitar 4500$CAN. Personnally, I think it's a bitch and I have been trying for months to downsize but once I start playing I really need those sounds. :freak:

• Members

Originally posted by Bbreaker

I must have 30 peadals at home.

I use maybe 5 tops when playing live.

Now, if there was.........The Dreaded "I spend Too Much On Guitar Thread", I would be a big time subscriber.

When I bought an expensive bass guitar it took me almost a year to pay it off. Pedals are easier to save up for, probably why I buy them instead of amps etc.

• Members

Originally posted by RoboPimp

My gig last weekend:

SD-1 $20

Crybaby $70

$90 total.

Halfway through the gig I heard some crackling so I ditched the pedals and went straight into the amp.

How were you able to sound so bad without the Craptron Massive Suck Pedal? I could never be talentless without electronic help.

• Members

Just figured it up and roughly in the last 10 months I have bought and sold $2,500 in effects. Keep in mind however that most of the time I was selling effects to buy other effects so it's really just been a lot of recycled money. Currently I have about $525 worth of pedals. I'd say in the end when I have everything I want it will be a few grand. Really not that bad when you compare it to other hobbies, or putting it up your nose. ;)

Archived