what are we listening to tonight/this weekend?

Montag

• Members

my girlfriend is at a movie and i have to work at eleven, so im relaxing with chocolate milk and music.

i have already listened to:

explosions in the sky - the rescue

modest mouse - the moon and antarctica

john coltrane - giant steps

and now i am listening to:

pink floyd - ummagumma (disc 2)

this weekend ill probably go on a bit of a floyd and smiths binge. im taking the queen is dead and meat is murder to work tonight. aside from that, i dont know what ill listen to tomorrow and sunday.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by BillyGrahamCracker

For the last time (probably not), I'll state how much I'm loving this album by The Exploding Hearts.

this is the first ive heard you say it. what are they like?

side note: ummagumma is slightly more fun on dope.

• Members

Originally posted by Montag

my girlfriend is at a movie and i have to work at eleven, so im relaxing with chocolate milk and music.

i have already listened to:

explosions in the sky - the rescue

this weekend ill probably go on a bit of a floyd and smiths binge. im taking the queen is dead and meat is murder to work tonight. aside from that, i dont know what ill listen to tomorrow and sunday.

sounds like quite the friday night.

i haven't bought the rescue yet but had a listen and really dug it. different than the newer stuff but perhaps better/more original??

haven't listened to the smiths in a long time. let's all make it a smiths weekend!

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

sounds like quite the friday night.

i haven't bought the rescue yet but had a listen and really dug it. different than the newer stuff but perhaps better/more original??

haven't listened to the smiths in a long time. let's all make it a smiths weekend!

oh, it is. i was gonna record, but there are people watching football in the same room as me, so i cant do any acoustic stuff (which i wanted to do tonight).

the rescue is definitely different. i like it.

and everybody should make it a smiths weekend.

• Members
Originally posted by Montag

oh, it is. i was gonna record, but there are people watching football in the same room as me, so i cant do any acoustic stuff (which i wanted to do tonight).

the rescue is definitely different. i like it.

and everybody should make it a smiths weekend.

every weekend.

and can you believe we've used the phrase "friday night," "explosions in the sky," and "football" and no-one has yet to mention billy bob thornton's masterpiece?! ;)

• Members
Originally posted by GuyaGuy

every weekend.

and can you believe we've used the phrase "friday night," "explosions in the sky," and "football" and no-one has yet to mention billy bob thornton's masterpiece?!
;)

i havent seen that movie or heard the soundtrack yet:o

every weekend works for me, as sunday night is always crippling depression night:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by RamaLama Fafafa

I don't have any Dressy Bessy. Olivia Tremor Control and Elf Power are kind of like Apples in Stereo and I do have a couple of their records. They are both good bands too, if you dig that kind of stuff. Also Neutral Milk Hotel are pretty good.

DB features the apples' guitarist but it's quite different stuff--very late 70s NYC from what i've heard.

• Members

Originally posted by BillyGrahamCracker

The first Catholics album is my favorite thing that Frank's ever done.

i love the man, love the pixies, and admire the hell out of the songwriting on the solo stuff but i jsut can't end up actually LIKING it. admire yes. like no. believe me, i've tried.

Archived