Jump to content

OT: More evidence of systematic lying to the American public and the world


hookstrapped

Recommended Posts

  • Members

unfortunately, i don't think revolution will happen in this country again. marx envisioned his revolution happening in western Europe, and instead it happened in Russia and China (in a much perverted fashion too). americans are too complacent eating corn dogs, watching football, and getting their exercise walking around the mall (carlin may not have been all that funny last night, but he did have a very good point).

 

within the next century, i see a major struggle between China and the US brewing. possibly war. throw in the terrorism threat, and you've got another bat{censored} crazy 100 years coming for this country.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

This little episode illustrates how bin Laden and the neo-cons so cynically have shared interests.

 

So the al-Qaeda operative tried to implicate Saddam Hussein in al-Qaeda terrorism, knowing that the US would use such disinformation to justify a longstanding desire to oust Hussein.

 

Why would al-Qaeda want to do that? The answer is pretty obvious in Iraq right now, as it has been the past couple years -- the war has been a boon to al-Qaeda and a burden in blood and treasure to the US.

 

So, on one level, the US government was a willing dupe to al-Qaeda, but even worse, the US government knew they were being duped but rather than pass on that fact to the public, they chose to further perpetrate the fraud and dupe the American public.

 

Lovely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

 

Originally posted by Help!I'maRock!



within the next century, i see a major struggle between China and the US brewing. possibly war. throw in the terrorism threat, and you've got another bat{censored} crazy 100 years coming for this country.

 

 

Nah, they have too much invested in each other.

 

Terrorism will come from dissaffected youth in cities that burn, like Bhagdad or Paris.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

 

Originally posted by LongJohnny

The Sky is falling....


Any of you guys watching chicken little right now?


John

 

 

Assuming this story is true, would it not bother you even a little bit?

 

 

And my town doesn't have the theater required for the 3d thing, so no I'm not going to watch it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

 

Originally posted by Help!I'maRock!

unfortunately, i don't think revolution will happen in this country again. marx envisioned his revolution happening in western Europe, and instead it happened in Russia and China (in a much perverted fashion too). americans are too complacent eating corn dogs, watching football, and getting their exercise walking around the mall (carlin may not have been all that funny last night, but he did have a very good point).


within the next century, i see a major struggle between China and the US brewing. possibly war. throw in the terrorism threat, and you've got another bat{censored} crazy 100 years coming for this country.

 

 

Same as it ever was. History just keeps repeating itself over and over again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

 

Originally posted by Help!I'maRock!

(carlin may not have been all that funny last night, but he did have a very good point).

 

 

I don't know whether I read it in his book or heard it last night, but he also mentions al-Qaeda anger towards Saddam Hussein 'the infidel.'

 

Bush just wanted a war with Saddam.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I, nor anyone in here knows what is happening with our government. If you think that they have not been lying to you for the past 200 years, then you are silly.

 

Hell, in WW1, wasnt it dupont that was profiteering from the War?

 

I think that there are things in play here that none of us will know about, and are just speculating.

 

So does it bother me that the government is lying? No, not really, it is just status quo. I didnt complain when there was a Dem in the office either.

 

John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

 

Originally posted by LongJohnny

I, nor anyone in here knows what is happening with our government. If you think that they have not been lying to you for the past 200 years, then you are silly.


Hell, in WW1, wasnt it dupont that was profiteering from the War?


I think that there are things in play here that none of us will know about, and are just speculating.


So does it bother me that the government is lying? No, not really, it is just status quo. I didnt complain when there was a Dem in the office either.


John

 

 

I honestly wish you could see past the bipartisan bull{censored} and call a spade a spade John. I like you man, I really do, we have done some smooth deals in the past even. It just makes me shake my head in awe when I read the things you post sometimes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

 

Originally posted by booher

any place you go to will be full of assholes. but I was happy about the fact that when it came out i wouldn't have to sift through all of it when coming to an effects forum.


that's just my opinion.

 

 

Well, you see that bit at the top that says OT, thats your first clue that this thread isn't about where to put your big muff in the chain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Lowroad,

 

I dont see this as partisan. Dems/Pubs/Libertarians are all in on it. You dont think there were Dems that were working on all of this, through intelligence committees, etc?

 

I dont like the war we are in, but I, nor anyone here knows the full reasons we are in it. How about the Balkan States during the Clinton Era? How about the first Gulf War in Bush Sr. Era. How about Grenada During Reagan? Same {censored}, different presidents

 

I was in the USMC during the first gulf war, and were basically there to push the Iraqi's out of Kuwait. Did I go into Iraq? Yes I did, but we werent allowed anywhere near Bagdad.

 

I am not trying to make this into a partisan issue, as it is the same bull{censored} that we have been doing since we became the "big boys on the block".

 

John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

 

Originally posted by blaghaus



Well, you see that bit at the top that says OT, thats your first clue that this thread isn't about where to put your big muff in the chain.

 

 

Yeah, I realize what OT means. I just figured this would be a lot more strict of a forum regarding thread subjects.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by LongJohnny

I, nor anyone in here knows what is happening with our government. If you think that they have not been lying to you for the past 200 years, then you are silly.


Hell, in WW1, wasnt it dupont that was profiteering from the War?


I think that there are things in play here that none of us will know about, and are just speculating.


So does it bother me that the government is lying? No, not really, it is just status quo. I didnt complain when there was a Dem in the office either.


John

 

So what your really saying is you take it dry, no lube. :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Good post John. This is bipartisan. That is impressive considering how all the allstars in the major parties bow down to power. It is a relief to see our government officials begining to do their job. And yup until I see a foreign policy that is actually different from party to party I will remain relatively unimpressed.

 

I agree with Clinton when he said, "Our government was designed by the founding fathers to function slowly." These folks really took a long time, in the meantime many a neoliberal precedent have been pushed through from imminent domain BS (painted as liberal) to doctrine of preemption put into high gear.

 

Speaking of Clinton, do you think the entire investigation of him was also nonpartisan? Just curious cause they managed to just get him on being a philanderer and lying about it. I get the feeling that the current unraveling will be a bit larger than a stained dress. It's unfortunate but when you see who their friends are (Ken Lay who?) what can be expected of such an administration? Just saying two cliche's at once birds of a feather and the people at the top set the tone for everything that happens at the bottom. Ever see any Microsoft middle managers rocking in their seats like Bill Gates does?

 

 

Originally posted by LongJohnny

Lowroad,


I dont see this as partisan. Dems/Pubs/Libertarians are all in on it. You dont think there were Dems that were working on all of this, through intelligence committees, etc?


I dont like the war we are in, but I, nor anyone here knows the full reasons we are in it. How about the Balkan States during the Clinton Era? How about the first Gulf War in Bush Sr. Era. How about Grenada During Reagan? Same {censored}, different presidents


I was in the USMC during the first gulf war, and were basically there to push the Iraqi's out of Kuwait. Did I go into Iraq? Yes I did, but we werent allowed anywhere near Bagdad.


I am not trying to make this into a partisan issue, as it is the same bull{censored} that we have been doing since we became the "big boys on the block".


John

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...