Jump to content

Raise you hand if you're glad to be done with school


jcn37203

Recommended Posts

  • Members

My fiance is finishing up her MBA in the next couple of months, and I am reminded every day how glad I am that I don't have to read boring {censored}, write inane papers, study, discuss {censored} I don't care about, etc.

 

So, lets all give the current HCEF students a unanimous HA HA.

 

sinehama.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i was a junior in high school last year, and i dropped out half way through. i'll be getting my g.e.d. soon which will get me into the recording program at the community college downtown. the only thing i don't look forward to is having to learn theory. i've taken a theory class before and i just didn't get it. hopefully i'll be taught well the next time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

guys, lemme ask you a question. I'm in the fourth year of my degree. I've got my BA, this part is my masters. I'm really struggling to get motivated right now. Would you think it a bad idea to have a sabbatical for a year? I want to possibly do my Phd in the end, but right now I've got no wind in my sails. I can spend the rest of the year recharging my batteries.

what do you think? good idea or bad?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I wish I was done. I {censored}ing hate school. I just wrote a boring, inane paper on Hamlet, which of course I did not read. Thank you spark notes, you save my ass once again. I guess I should've chosen a different major, one that, you know, doesn't require so much reading because I've really lost the will to get out of bed in the morning, which explains why I've been late for every class for a long damn time, so its real hard to read something I don't give a {censored} about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by blaghaus

guys, lemme ask you a question. I'm in the fourth year of my degree. I've got my BA, this part is my masters. I'm really struggling to get motivated right now. Would you think it a bad idea to have a sabbatical for a year? I want to possibly do my Phd in the end, but right now I've got no wind in my sails. I can spend the rest of the year recharging my batteries.


what do you think? good idea or bad?

 

 

I'd say bad idea.

 

I took a single quarter off in my master's program, and it was like 10 times worse when I came back to it.

 

That taste of freedom is so sweet. If I were doing it again, I'd just bury my head and plow through, get it over with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by blaghaus

guys, lemme ask you a question. I'm in the fourth year of my degree. I've got my BA, this part is my masters. I'm really struggling to get motivated right now. Would you think it a bad idea to have a sabbatical for a year? I want to possibly do my Phd in the end, but right now I've got no wind in my sails. I can spend the rest of the year recharging my batteries.


what do you think? good idea or bad?

 

 

It worked for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I like what I'm studying (philosophy and psychology) so I don't mind being in school...I'd rather sit in class and discuss this sort of thing with people who know what they're talking about than the average joe dumbass at the coffeehouses who always seems to want to butt into my conversations...law school is gonna be a bitch though...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by incubass

I like what I'm studying (philosophy and psychology) so I don't mind being in school...I'd rather sit in class and discuss this sort of thing with people who know what they're talking about than the average joe dumbass at the coffeehouses who always seems to want to butt into my conversations...law school is gonna be a bitch though...

 

 

The downer part is that once you graduate, you have a lifetime of dumbasses interjecting themselves in to your conversations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by jcn37203



I'd say bad idea.


I took a single quarter off in my master's program, and it was like 10 times worse when I came back to it.


That taste of freedom is so sweet. If I were doing it again, I'd just bury my head and plow through, get it over with.

 

 

To be honest though, it can't get any worse than it is right now. the whole SAD thing has knocked me sideways. I dont know if I can get the grades I need to further my academic career with this lack of focus and stuff. its a dilemma fo' sho'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by blaghaus



To be honest though, it can't get any worse than it is right now. the whole SAD thing has knocked me sideways. I dont know if I can get the grades I need to further my academic career with this lack of focus and stuff. its a dilemma fo' sho'

 

 

 

Yes, the SAD thing.

 

It is... a... problem.

 

What SAD thing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...