Jump to content

OT: Who Voted Today?


shepherdspy

Recommended Posts

  • Members

I'm just waiting on the next election where there's an opening on the library board, because I'm running. (I think the youngest member of the board is like 80 and on oxygen...they have pictures of them up in the library). My father-in-law ran last time as a write-in on a lark and lost by a couple votes. So next time someone on the board croaks, I'm campaigning and everything. The only perk is no late fees.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by BillyGrahamCracker

I'm just waiting on the next election where there's an opening on the library board, because I'm running. (I think the youngest member of the board is like 80 and on oxygen...they have pictures of them up in the library). My father-in-law ran last time as a write-in on a lark and lost by a couple votes. So next time someone on the board croaks, I'm campaigning and everything. The only perk is no late fees.

 

 

I'm thinking of standing for council in a few years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by palthegiraffe

Yes. Local ballot issues.



yeah we had a bunch of local and state stuff.

Honestly, the propositions made very little sense and not because I couldn't comprehend them. They were not in grammatically correct english. :( Politician speak sucks.

I'm glad I researched it ahead of time or it would have been a guessing game. We had the famous "gay marriage in texas" thing. It was so badly written it wouldn't even ban gay marriage anyway. It was just meant to give the gays a hard time, so I voted against it.

The rest of the stuff was pretty boring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by BillyGrahamCracker

I'm just waiting on the next election where there's an opening on the library board, because I'm running. (I think the youngest member of the board is like 80 and on oxygen...they have pictures of them up in the library). My father-in-law ran last time as a write-in on a lark and lost by a couple votes. So next time someone on the board croaks, I'm campaigning and everything. The only perk is no late fees.



That would be neat. Inject some new blood. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by palthegiraffe

Yes. Local ballot issues.

 

Ballot issues are my faves ... for some reason, I feel like I'm making more of a statement when I vote on a ballot issue than for a candidate. I didn't even vote for the judicial seats cuz I knew nothing about them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by shepherdspy



yeah we had a bunch of local and state stuff.


Honestly, the propositions made very little sense and not because I couldn't comprehend them. They were not in grammatically correct english.
:(
Politician speak sucks.


I'm glad I researched it ahead of time or it would have been a guessing game. We had the famous "gay marriage in texas" thing. It was so badly written it wouldn't even ban gay marriage anyway. It was just meant to give the gays a hard time, so I voted against it.


The rest of the stuff was pretty boring.


Luckily, they mail out a voter's guide which explains everything in regular English :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I voted here in the Fullerton Museum. I'm an independent so I gave Arnold a couple but most were No votes. I was also checking out the little Fender exhibit in there. There was a vintage maple Nocaster(tele) circa '51 in a glass case along with a '54 red strat and a '64 sunburst Jazzmaster, and in another case a few G&L prototypes.

Steve

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by Montag

i totally didnt vote today:thu:
:)
:)
:thu:


You've let North America down. You should have snuck across the border, assumed some dead person's identity, voted, enjoyed our various cheeses, and then snuck back under the cover of darkness - it's every Canadian's duty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by shepherdspy


You've let North America down. You should have snuck across the border, assumed some dead person's identity, voted, enjoyed our various cheeses, and then snuck back under the cover of darkness - it's every Canadian's duty.

 

 

strangely enough, im eating cheese.

 

i promise ill vote in the next american election. that's one thing i like about you folks - regular elections.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Yup--I have no excuse, the polling place for my precinct is in my apartment complex. Looks like Issues 2, 3, 4, and 5 were defeated--so politics as usual in OH :rolleyes: . Issue 1 looks like it passed--I voted for it as it has potential to directly impact the field that I work in for the better.

A couple local judgeships (should have read up a bit more on that), one school board position, 2 county-wide tax issues (one to fund the local community college, one for MRDD services (both yes)), and a city income tax (no).

Democracy in action, I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...