WOT: They sold my ship.

ginnboonmiller

• Members

I've always been amused by this:

http://www.coasterphotos.co.uk/pages/christophermeeder.htm

And there used to be a much better picture with the stern in clear view online that I always wanted to use for an album cover some day.

But they done sold it, and re-christened it the Kronborg. That sucks. No way in hell am I changing my real name to Kronborg. Plus, my dream of getting a tour on my namesake has been dashed for all eternity.

:cry:

• Members
Originally posted by riffdaddy

You could have titled the album "Rustbucket Blues".
:freak:

I actually had it all planned out -- the album was gonna be called "Northland," because that's on huge letters on the starboard side of the ship (the side you can't see), and I could just put the photo, undoctored, on the cover and be done with it.

I still wanna make that album -- it's gonna be a heavily edited/remixed/generally messed with hour-long tape piece made out of a bunch of performances I did at a festival in Baltimore. Sept 13-16, 2001. I was completely freaked out by my city blowing up that weekend and there's some pretty intense stuff from those shows. But now I need permissions from the festival, all the other musicians, AND an old photo of the ship that I can't find. Which might be the last straw.

Anyway, mock all you want -- how many of YOU had an old, ugly container ship named after you? Huh? That's right!

• Members

Originally posted by BillyGrahamCracker

Why'd they name it after you? Did some old sea salt do so in memory of a lost weekend of handcuffs and cuddling that you shared in Siam?

This just might be true, and it just might be the painful memory that I've been subconsciously blocking since I was five years old, when the ship was built. It would explain a lot.

• Members

Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

I actually had it all planned out -- the album was gonna be called "Northland," because that's on huge letters on the starboard side of the ship (the side you can't see), and I could just put the photo, undoctored, on the cover and be done with it.

I still wanna make that album -- it's gonna be a heavily edited/remixed/generally messed with hour-long tape piece made out of a bunch of performances I did at a festival in Baltimore. Sept 13-16, 2001. I was completely freaked out by my city blowing up that weekend and there's some pretty intense stuff from those shows. But now I need permissions from the festival, all the other musicians, AND an old photo of the ship that I can't find. Which might be the last straw.

Anyway, mock all you want -- how many of YOU had an old, ugly container ship named after you? Huh? That's right!

No ships that I know of but a lead singer of a British pop band...

Archived