OK, I'm really gassing for a Reeves Custom 30. Seriously gassing. It hurts.

papa taco

• Members

Originally posted by jTreu

i really like the 18 watt head

Ditto. That is cool too. I keep flopping back and forth between whether I prefer the 18 or the 30. They both sound wicked. The 30 has more of that Hiwatt crang, but the 18 sounds really fat.

I think I'm favoring the 30 more at this point because of the added headroom and the reverb and boost features (which could slim down my pedalchain before the amp).

taco

• Members

Originally posted by jonny guitar

AAAGGGH. I hear you. I am so close to buying this Suhr:

1354.jpg

or another one that is rosewood with three pups and a trembar. Painful I tell you....I want the pictured one soooooo bad but I have another Tele just like it so it is a little redundant.

That's beautiful.

:love:

• Members

Originally posted by Montag

sounds like?

Hiwatt. But with reverb and a power scaling technology which takes the wattage from 30 all the way down to 0.

It has KT-66 (a la Marshall Bluesbreaker) but it sounds pretty damn hiwatt to me.

Sound clips at the bottom of this page.

http://www.reevesamps.com/reeves_amplification-7-10-05_011.htm

• Members

Originally posted by Elliott Damage

how is the headroom on the custom 30?

its caught my attention.
:wave:

I imagine pretty decent being dual KT-66 for 30 watts. Solid state rectifier. I think it's cathode bias. I would guess it's about AC-30 ish in headroom? Maybe more, seeing as it's Hiwattish.

Ask the dudes at Reeves.

If you want mondo headroom they've got Custom 50 and Custom 100's which are direct copies of Hiwatts.

taco

• Members

I've seen your threads on thegearpage and I think that you should bite the bullet and get this amp. The price is great for what you get and it does indeed sound killer. The power scaling seems like a fantastic feature. Extremely useful wherever you might play. I'd bet that many amps in the next few years will have this feature. You can buy an amp according to the sound and headroom you like and be able to tame it to the situation at hand. Reeves (the guy) seems cool and down to earth in his approach to the amp business and the amps look cool. Jeff Tweedy and another guitarist in the band (not Nels) played Reeves amps when I saw them this summer. Sounded great there as well. Scrape up the cash and make yourself happy.

Although there is something beautiful about gassing for something, isn't it?

• Members

Originally posted by PB Wilson

I've seen your threads on thegearpage and I think that you should bite the bullet and get this amp. The price is great for what you get and it does indeed sound killer. The power scaling seems like a fantastic feature. Extremely useful wherever you might play. I'd bet that many amps in the next few years will have this feature. You can buy an amp according to the sound and headroom you like and be able to tame it to the situation at hand. Reeves (the guy) seems cool and down to earth in his approach to the amp business and the amps look cool. Jeff Tweedy and another guitarist in the band (not Nels) played Reeves amps when I saw them this summer. Sounded great there as well. Scrape up the cash and make yourself happy.

Although there is something beautiful about gassing for something, isn't it?

Will you marry me, sir?

:love::wave:

Archived