OT: At what point do we admit our nation's leaders are criminally insane?

hookstrapped

• Members

Hitler, Stalin...

There were signs. There are signs now.

Cheney's obsession with torture and circumventing US and international law is pathological.

He and Libby and Addington are not simply "on one end of the political spectrum," they are actively attempting to undermine core American prinicples. Their method is to lie, boldly and repeatedly.

...Hitler, Stalin.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by hookstrapped

Hitler, Stalin...

There were signs. There are signs now.

Cheney's obsession with torture and circumventing US and international law is pathological.

He and Libby and Addington are not simply "on one end of the political spectrum," they are actively attempting to undermine core American prinicples. Their method is to lie, boldly and repeatedly.

...Hitler, Stalin.

Godwin's Law in the FIRST POST. Amazing.

Come on Hook, take off the tinfoil hat and play a little music, you'll feel better.

Besides "Chicken Little" was released already, you're a little late.

The sun will rise tommorrow, just relax already.

• Members

Originally posted by yaz75

Come on Hook, take off the tinfoil hat and play a little music, you'll feel better.

That's what they said in Russia.

Cheney is wacko. Paranoid. And he's willing to subvert and ignore the Consitution and international law to soothe his tortured mind.

It's pretty apparent the more we learn about the secret CIA prisons and his personal lobbying for the CIA to be exempt from a ban on torture. Not that there's any evidence the CIA is for this at all.

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/08/AR2005110801108.html

• Members

That's what they said in Russia.

Cheney is wacko. Paranoid. And he's willing to subvert and ignore the Consitution and international lasw to soothe his tortured mind.

It's pretty apparent the more we learn about the secret CIA prisons and his personal lobbying for the CIA to be exempt from a ban on torture. No that there's any evidence the CIA is for this at all.

*rubs eyes*

OK, I liked you better when you were begging for attention in the ignore thread.

Just calm down already. Did you have too much coffee this morning?

• Members

Originally posted by riffdaddy

On the plus side, they've only got three years left to {censored} things up. And if they {censored} things up enough over the next year, maybe the democratic party's other nut will finally drop and some semblance of balance will return to government.

They still have 3 years???

I guess it's been a LONG year...

• Members
Originally posted by DaSkip

Wow, Hitler and Stalin! Yes they are deceptive but they haven't executed 13 and 22 milion people respectively. They are really wearing on me, but Hitler and Stalin? That is kind of a reach.
:eek:

I'm referring to their mental states. Their obsessions and their lying. The extreme secrecy.

Fortunately, we have a system in place that guards against the excesses of a Hilter or a Stalin, but more that comes out about Cheney, the resemblance becomes greater.

• Members

I loved how the only response you had to his points was to insult the guy. Typical neo-con crap that doesn't hold up so try to berate the messenger.

• Members

Originally posted by Kestral

I loved how the only response you had to his points was to insult the guy. Typical neo-con crap that doesn't hold up so try to berate the messenger.

Yeah, like the libs did on this thread:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1080639

They tore the messanger to bits, not the message.

Please go back to the MotleyFool.

Next.

• Members

I'm referring to their mental states. Their obsessions and their lying. The extreme secrecy.

Fortunately, we have a system in place that guards against the excesses of a Hilter or a Stalin, but more that comes out about Cheney, the resemblance becomes greater.

Oh my goodness, politicians who LIE? Government oficials who keep SECRETS? What's next?

COME ON, if it was truly Hitler or Stalin your ass wouldn't even be able to post what you're posting.

• Members

Oh my goodness, politicians who LIE? Government oficials who keep SECRETS? What's next?

COME ON, if it was truly Hitler or Stalin your ass wouldn't even be able to post what you're posting.

Torture, yaz. Endorsed by the state. I feel like I'm reading a Science Fiction novel when I think about it. And I hate Science Fiction. But seriously -- torture.

• Members

Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

yaz, do you read the news? hookstrapped isn't being paranoid. Cheney has been actively campaigning for exceptions to laws against torture for the CIA. In so many words.

I don't care where you sit on the political spectrum. If you don't think that's wrong, you have something against humanity.

Nice way you phrased that. If I answer any other possible way other than total agreement with you, I'm instantly demonized.

• Members

Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

Not at all. Actually, I'd love to see you defend state sponsored torture without attacking me personally.

I will answer by saying that I am not against torture per se. If I could have someone tortured to prevent 9/11, the Holocost, Pearl Harbor, I would have endorsed it.

• Members

Originally posted by Kestral

I didn't berate Hookstrapped. His statement was rather open ended. I can't wait for this this administration to be a memory. Cheney is one scarey meglomanical guy. We can agree on these points. Thanks

• Members

I will answer by saying that I am not against torture per se. If I could have someone tortured to prevent 9/11, the Holocost, Pearl Harbor, I would have endorsed it.

That's where I think a lot of people would disagree and I don't know if there's much more to say.

• Members

No, because we have our Constitution and a free, if often anemic press, so when their lies are exposed they cannot respond by simply rounding up the dissidents and disappearing them into gulags.

But they can get away with doing that to some people.

My point is that as persons, national leaders, of a certain mental state, Cheney has some notable predecessors.

Here, we are free to speak up and make note of the questionable motives of our leaders whereas people under Hitler or Stalin were not so free. What made Hitler and Stalin reach their full ugly potential was the weakness of their countries institutions to provide a check on their insanity. I mean, thank goodness for John McCain and whatever Senator leaked the info about the secret prisons to the Washington Post.

Archived