Yamaha Magicstomp

Jaggery

• Members

A couple of weeks ago I added one to my cart at musiciansfriend, since they were down to $69. By the time I added it they were gone.

I'm very happy with mine, and for the prices they were blowing them out $69-$129 they are certainly worth it, even if they are used as single-effect units.

• Members

Got a open box return from musiciansfriend! 55 bucks! Only have minorly dipped into it, awesome fun.

Almost makes up for missing the open box brass body rogue resonator for $225- ARGGH!

("Niagara Falls! Slowly I turned ... step by step ... inch by inch ..." )

• Members
Originally posted by bobby yarrow

Man, I feel kind of bad. Just sold mine for $80. Paid more than that, of course, but still . . .

Don't sweat it. I'm not. If it does what it's supposed to do I'm sure it will be worth that to me. :)

• Members

Allright 2 issues I found:

1) A small silence when switching to anothe rpatch. Very small and in a bad situation no one would know but playing alone in an appartment it is clear (not that it matters).

2) The sound actually is timed to die out abrubtly after about 6 seconds. This is true for some of the mod patches.

Hope this is resolved in MagicStomp II.

• Members

The magicstomp just went back on my pedal board. I'm going to get into its ud stomp section.
What I HATE though is that yamaha wont support Mac OSX!!!:mad::(:confused::mad:
Macs are the industry standard in the music world... + when I bought it years ago it advertised it would run on a mac.
not happy at all:(

• Members

Had one. Sold it to sam ash. It was fine and did Modulations VERY WELL. Chorus was among the best I've heard.
It's just I have so much stuff that I didn't use that much.
If you like excellent reverbs, delays, choruses, flangers, and phase shifters. This is the unit for you

• Members

Originally posted by Jaggery

A small silence when switching to another patch.

yeah, that silence between patches can be annoying. on the plus side you can program delays and verbs to trail off to cover it up.

btw, keep the posts coming so that this ends up the MS LOUNGE! got mine a month ago nad love it but haven't hada chance to do much editing so i'd like to hear others' experiences widdit.

Archived