Best rack mount effects processor?

ncook

• Members

What features do you need in the rackmount unit? Just effects? Or are you looking for the preamp and/or speaker+mic simulators that were in your GT-6?

This will make a big difference in the answer to your question.

"Best" is a relative term that is going to be greatly influenced by your budget, and what features you really need.

Then again, if you've got about 10 grand to drop, we can start talking "best" for real :D

• Members

TC elect is better IMO. Don't know if you will be able to get one with that budget. I think there is a cheaper version of the g major but I can't think of the name at the moment.

Plus if you wanna go rackmount you are gonna have to buy some sorta midi footcontroller.

FWIW: Some people had reliability issues in the past with the G-Major.

• Members
Originally posted by UncleDig

What features do you need in the rackmount unit? Just effects? Or are you looking for the preamp and/or speaker+mic simulators that were in your GT-6?

This will make a big difference in the answer to your question.

"Best" is a relative term that is going to be greatly influenced by your budget, and what features you really need.

Then again, if you've got about 10 grand to drop, we can start talking "best" for real
:D

Just reverb, delay, etc. I have an ADA MP-1 as of today so I wont be using the GT-6 preamp anymore. I dont care for speaker and mic simulation.

• Members

Originally posted by ncook

Just reverb, delay, etc. I have an ADA MP-1 as of today so I wont be using the GT-6 preamp anymore. I dont care for speaker and mic simulation.

I'd vote for the G-Major too, then - on a budget similar to your GT-6.

The G-Major DOES have some known reliability problems - mainly with physical things like the knobs and the display.

If you can go up a little (ok, a lot) - the G-Force is a much better unit, and doesn't seem to experience all of the reliability probs that the (cheaper) G-Major does.

• Members

Pic080.jpg

Guitarrack1.jpg

Hey ncook,

If you have an ADA MP-1 preamp, get the 3TM mod tube circuitboard for it. It is bad ass!! It has good gain, sustain and a nice EQ circuit that improves the tone. You'll have to wait when they go back in production again. You can find it at:

www.adadepot.com

Concerning rack mounted effects, I love my Rocktron Replifex. I can get the vintage style effects and delay. The Rocktron Intellifex has good chorus, delay, pitch shifting and reverbs. You can find the Intellifex for around $200.00 or less used. The Replifex can found for around $250.00 used.

Guitar George

• Members

I absolutely support what Hamer 95 said. The Rocktron Intellifex series for verbs, delays, and choruses is great. And the Rocktron Replifex/Multivalve/Xpression series for pedal type effects phase, flange,rotary speaker, tremolo, etc is great.

Great bang for the buck in a rack format and great user interfaces.

• Members

Originally posted by shepherdspy

I absolutely support what Hamer 95 said. The Rocktron Intellifex series for verbs, delays, and choruses is great. And the Rocktron Replifex/Multivalve/Xpression series for pedal type effects phase, flange,rotary speaker, tremolo, etc is great.

Great bang for the buck in a rack format and great user interfaces.

:thu:

I've been using a Digitech Studio Quad v2 I pick up used for $100 with my P.A. for a few months now and I really like it alot. The Quad has very flexable input/output configurations and does everything my Rocktron stuff does and more, plus it's very transparent and quite...trust me only the haters will disagree. I've also tried it with with my Mark III with great results.

Archived