More girl advice for me?

troubbble

• Members

There are already two, and it's Saturaday, so why not?

So I was invited to some kind of party by a guy I work with. He's a lot older than me, and it'll be some kind of big celebration with lots of people for some family member or something...I'm really not sure what I'm getting myself into. But I'd really feel bad if I didn't go.

He wants to introduce me to some girl. I've never been in a situation like this before. Usually I can just work up some confidence to talk to a girl and I'll be in some kind of state where I just can't mess up (or I'm drunk). But this is weird. I don't have an angle. I'm going through all this anticipation of meeting someone I've never seen in my life.

So I'm just looking for advice on how to keep it from being awkward. I don't really care if I'm attracted to her or not. I just want to get through the party without feeling like a dumbass.

:confused:

• Members

It's in no way different from meeting anyone else, except that you have to ignore your friend's constant butting in to see how it's going. If you come at it with the perspective that he is being an annoying nudge, you have no problems.

I once got hooked up at a party by a friend and his Bolivian girlfriend with someone from Spain. It went great at first, but her constant need to translate for the new acquaintance (no doubt with sprinkled comments about how cool I am) ended up dominating the conversation and I never got to hook up. Nothing you experience tonight will be remotely that awkward.

• Members

I'm just scared because I don't actually know the guy all that well. I work with him, but he's like 20 years older than me and he has a family and stuff. I feel really obligated not to {censored} things up.

And spending time and money on this girl is really not something I'm concerned about quite yet. You know? I'm not that far yet.

• Members

i think you should go and act just like you were not expecting anything at all in the first place. The biggest problem is expectation because if you can't fullfill it then it'll feel like missed out on something. Just don't have any expectation like you are doing now. Go and have fun.

Archived