SLADE - What Happened? Pictures inside.

Alexbiscuit

• Members
Originally posted by Alexbiscuit

So, I saw the slade album cover that someone posted, and the guy on the top right looked like my roomate, so, we went searching in order to find out if they were still going on strong, and they are! New lineup, but hey!

1_Kopie.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

9_Kopie.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

artsy!!

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

One of the greatest bands ever!
New line up....Noddy is doing tv and radio these days! Jimmy is doing? It is all on the web site.
I saw these guys at Reading years ago, one of the so called big bands bottled it, they stole the day!
One of the best bands ever. Had one or two hits as well! UNDERSTATEMENT!
:thu:

• Members

The problem with the original line up was that the drummer and guitarist wanted to tour and the bassist and Nodday (who wrote the songs) didnt want to/need to. The current line up excludes the writers.

Shame really. BTW Noddy and Jim Lee probably earn more from the royalities to 'Merry Christmas' than the other two ever will. Just to twist the knife Slade songs have been used for ads for Fiat and the Ford Transit. The latter is still ont Telly.

• Members
Originally posted by CS

The problem with the original line up was that the drummer and guitarist wanted to tour and the bassist and Nodday (who wrote the songs) didnt want to/need to. The current line up excludes the writers.

Shame really. BTW Noddy and Jim Lee probably earn more from the royalities to 'Merry Christmas' than the other two ever will. Just to twist the knife Slade songs have been used for ads for Fiat and the Ford Transit. The latter is still ont Telly.

Ah! ha!
I wonder much they have made off of that old chestnut!? Christmas isn't Christmas until I start playing that around the second week of December!
Jim Lea.....Great musician, plays a mean bass and fiddle....Writes a good tune too! Holder and Lea wrote just about all the hits
Happy memories!
:wave:

• Members
Originally posted by blaghaus

funky moped!

"Piss off" said Florence, so Dougal did, all over her brand new dress....etc!
And what a great day to be English......Seen off the Argies, great day at cricket and oh! yes, beat the Strines at rugby!
EXCELLENT!
:D :D :thu::D :D

• Members

Originally posted by impala

If your drummer has to wear a mouthpiece....you rock.

That be a result of the car crash he suffered many years ago, lucky to be alive and suffered amnesia etc IF I remember correctly.

I am getting old!

• Members
Originally posted by tim gueguen

But you've probably heard Quiet Riot's cover of Slade's "Cum on Feel the Noize." Or their cover of "Mama Weer All Crazee Now."

I wasn't going to soil this thread by mentioning those clowns!
:D
Their 15 minutes was based on 2 Slade classics!
Pathetic isn't it?

Archived