So my amp is coming.....need pedals!

aeonrevolution

• Members

The Ampeg VT-22 is here in a day or two.

So far it is guitar --> SD-1 --> Small Stone --> Big Muff (when i get a multi-power supply) --> amp

First off I definitely need to go buy one of those multi power supply thingamajig things to power all this junk. But aside from that what should I look into? :D

Think Stoner Rock.

• Members

Originally posted by aeonrevolution

Whats the difference in all the muffs? I think I have the lowliest version, the russian black one.

I'm not a big muff expert, but I have a Green and Black russian one and the green one sounds a lot bigger and more natural. The top end is smoother too.

• Members

Try a Boss V-Wah, I have one, which I am selling, because I now own 4 different Wah pedals. But this pedal has True Bypass, any major type of wah modler (Vox, Bad Horsie, Crybaby, etc. ) This awesome Univibe options, and this kinda talk-box effect I love to use, really gets the crowds attention. Let me know if your are interested, Complete with box,manual,warranty, everything it came with, only about 8 months old.

• Members

Originally posted by aeonrevolution

How about a Rat? Are those worth grabbing? Or something else that has a unique voicing.

And whats the difference in a Rat2 / Vintage Rat?

Rocktron rampage?

Guyatone HD-2?

Rats are good. pare a Rat2 (set as a clean overdrive/booster) with a TurboRat (set as a heavy, deep distortion/fuzz), and you can get an amazing Eleven tone (very, very stoner rock. they're actually backing QOTSA on tour right now).

i've never really played with a Vintage Rat, but from what i remember, it's not as versitile as the Rat2.

Guyatone gain pedals are not the best. i'd look elsewhere.

• Members

Ok, I'm gonna ramble on a bit about these amps.....

I have 2 v4's and a v2. Honestly, the type of pedal that you're gonna want really depends on how loud your band plays.

I don't care what people say, they aren't clean amps. When I'm in my bedroom, I get amazing sounds with a Rat2 or the big muff, but when I actually play live, it's distored enough that I don't use anything with it.

So.... you might need to have a distortion pedal for clubs that mic you and don't want you loud or......an overdrive pedal or nothing if the place has a {censored}ty PA or no PA.

Archived