GFS Bigmouth Pickups - Mini Review

mdintx

• Members

Hey Folks,

I just got my Nelsonic back and had my guitar guy install a set of these in there with all new pots and jacks. I got the Bigmouth pickups from ebay for $24 each. At that prices, I couldn't resist.

Initial impressions: These pickups are really articulate. Even when playing distorted, there's a nice clarity there. The output is good, hot but not too hot. Cleans are nice and rich. At this point, I've got two complaints. 1) the pickup leads weren't terribly long. Another inch or two would have been nice. They're just long enough. 2) These pickups are quite bassy. Even the treble pickup has quite a bit of bass. I've lowered the pickups on the low E side and that's helped alot. I think I've got 'em just about set.

Overall, I'm pretty happy. If you're looking for a low cost way to make a jump in pickup quality/sound, these are a good way to go. Especially when you can get a set for just over $50 on ebay.

They're pretty sharp looking too. Here's a pic:

IMGP0911.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by mdintx

sorry guys, posted in the wrong forum...I've tried to delete it and move it to the electric guitars forum but it won't let me

No, that's cool We play guitar over here, too...

I'm probably going to get a set of GFS Filtertrons for a project pretty soon, so this was very cool to read.

Archived