Some questions about the Behringer v-amp 2

poser

• Members

I was looking into getting guitarport, but then found this. I was wondering if it was similar to the guitarport, can you plug it into your computer and play/record with it? How good a job does it do?

Also, how "up to date" does your computer need to be? I couldn't find any system requirements listed for it on the behringer site so I don't know if I'll be able to even run this thing.

:confused:

• Members

i have a behringer Vtone, you can update and make preset FX via some software you can score online

as for playing INTO your computer, theres an assload of audio outputs on it, so u should be fine

i dont think the comp needs to be that up to date btw

also, someone finally wrote the FX maker for mac osx!

Guest Anonymous

From the research I have done on amp / effects modelers / multi-fx units in general... I consistently hear "okay" things about the V-Amp 2 from non-experienced guitarists... and absolutely horrible things about it from experienced musicians, with the occasional exception here and there.

devi-

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by poser

If there are some better units in the same price range, please feel free to name them

I don't know much this and would love to have as much commentary as possible.

My suggestion is to save up a little more money and look for something in the $150-$200 range... because anything around $100 or less is most likely going to be a let down in the end.

I would highly recommend the POD 2.0, guitarport, or shoot... for $40 more than the guitarport, you can get the toneport.

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-LIN-TPUX1.html

devi-

Archived