DO NOT BUY THE ZOOM G2.1u !!!

jhall

• Members

I bought one of these from Sam Ash ( Huntington Station, New York) and I got it home DOA. Not only that but it had been opened and was missing the manual . This leads me to believe that it was returned by the last buyer and returned because it didn't work. Then Sam Ash just sold it to the next sucker ( umm... that would be me) who walked through the door.

Is that illeagal? I mean selling an item known to be defective as new?

ZOOM should do something about this as people tend to remember getting burned.

• Members

Originally posted by jhall

I bought one of these from Sam Ash ( Huntington Station, New York) and I got it home DOA. Not only that but it had been opened and was missing the manual . This leads me to believe that it was returned by the last buyer and returned because it didn't work. Then Sam Ash just sold it to the next sucker ( umm... that would be me) who walked through the door.

Is that illeagal? I mean selling an item known to be defective as new?

ZOOM should do something about this as people tend to remember getting burned.

Drive back there and get another one. If that one doesn't work, then I would post on here "don't get a Zoom g-whatever the hell is.

• Members

Um... Driving back isn't something I should have to do. They should hand deliver the new one to me.
If it wasn't returned by someone else I'd say sure. But the fact they sold me a return as new is really uncool.
The least they can do is to make sure a return is a working mint unit if theyare going to sell it as new.
I don't give music stores a hard time in any way. I don't spend hours wanking on all their expensive stuff and walk out with a pick. I've easily spent ten grand in the last couple of years.
I bought this unit to use with my students who seem to hate using a metronome and I thought the drum machine would be just the ticket. I don't care if the thing doesn't sound like Eddie Van what's his names rig or not.
I at least want it to come out of the box ( sold to me as new) and work.

Hell, I don't care if they sell me a repackaged one as new and I pay full price. I do expect it to work though.
It sucks that it's my responsibility to deal with it though.

• Members

I had the same experience on an item from Guitar Center last week: I bought a Boss DR-880 and I asked the salesman what the lowest cost is I could get on one. He came in about $50 dollars under street..close or below the eBay prices for a new unit...so I jumped on it. As a precaution I opened in the store in front of the salesman and noted that it looked like someone had been into the box...he said it was probably one of the sales guys just showing it to a customer. I took it home and then discovered the manual had the pages bent back (been read and pressed open) and the driver disk was gone. This kind of stuff SEEMS trivial, but I usually cycle equipment out after a few years on eBay and missing disks or bent manuals costs sales.

I took the unit back to G.C. and they said they were sorry for the confusion, but it was indeed an open box item (this guy showed me the "O/B" mark on my receipt), and apologized that the previous salesman did not explain it to me. In the end I walked out with a factory sealed unit at the open box price.

Now I'm not mad about it 'cause I got a great deal in the end, and when G.C recognized the issue they stood by their deal, but I do think there is a trend in retail to try and sell returned items as new. I've seen it before at Lowe's (hardware) and many times at Walmart.

I believe it is against the law to sell open box (used) items as new. If not, then it is certainly not good business...you'd loose alot of customers that way.

You will have to take it back and show them the error of their ways. In YOUR case I'd call ahead and try to get them to give you a substantial discount to help with time/gas.

• Members

Um... Driving back isn't something I should have to do. They should hand deliver the new one to me.

If it wasn't returned by someone else I'd say sure. But the fact they sold me a return as new is really uncool.

The least they can do is to make sure a return is a working mint unit if theyare going to sell it as new.

I don't give music stores a hard time in any way. I don't spend hours wanking on all their expensive stuff and walk out with a pick. I've easily spent ten grand in the last couple of years.

I bought this unit to use with my students who seem to hate using a metronome and I thought the drum machine would be just the ticket. I don't care if the thing doesn't sound like Eddie Van what's his names rig or not.

I at least want it to come out of the box ( sold to me as new) and work.

Hell, I don't care if they sell me a repackaged one as new and I pay full price. I do expect it to work though.

It sucks that it's my responsibility to deal with it though.

The lazy {censored}s who work there are not going to drive to your place. I've been there many times, and you're lucky if they even give you the time of day.

My point was that maybe it wasn't the G2 that was at fault...maybe it was abused by the previous owner, and you're bashing them for no reason? Your post should read "don't go to Sam Ash in Huntington", to which I would have replied "not a bad idea, because the people who work there are dicks or scumbags or both of the aforementioned."

Better?

• Members

Originally posted by tom_s252

This is really unhelpful for people considering this unit! Your problem is clearly not with Zoom or the product, but with the retailer. Try starting a thread called DO NOT BUY FROM SAM ASH instead; you might find some more on-topic discussion.

I agree - please change the title

• Members

No, I blame ZOOM too.
They Know full well the practices of their resellers.
Sam Ash and GC ( Which is much better than Sam Ash by the way)
probably are the bulk of their US sales. Therefore they are probably reluctant to stand up to them.
That makes them "Corporate Pussies"
So yes the whole chain from the parent company right down to the zit faced boy who sold me the unit knowing it had some issue
are responsible.
Know what else is there too? I never get this pissed about stuff. But this treatment has me very pissed!!

• Members

No, I blame ZOOM too.

probably are the bulk of their US sales. Therefore they are probably reluctant to stand up to them.

So yes the whole chain from the parent company right down to the zit faced boy who sold me the unit knowing it had some issue

are responsible.

Know what else is there too? I never get this pissed about stuff. But this treatment has me very pissed!!

I don't think GC sells Zoom. Nor does MF.

Let me get this right - you blame Zoom for the practices of Sam Ash? Really? Should I blame China for the practices of Wal-Mart?

• Members

Hello dickhead... sounds like the problem is with the a**holes at Sam Ash not Zoom. They resold you a defective product... not every product is going to be perfect especially when they are mass produced. It's Sam Ash's fault for reselling you a defective product instead of sending it back to Zoom. Don't get on the forums bashing Zoom and make them lose buisiness because you are pissed you got ripped off. That's what you get for buying crap from those POS stores. This situation is easily fixable. BOO HOO :bor:

• Members
Originally posted by PRSnotPOS

Hello dickhead... sounds like the problem is with the a**holes at Sam Ash not Zoom. They resold you a defective product... not every product is going to be perfect especially when they are mass produced. It's Sam Ash's fault for reselling you a defective product instead of sending it back to Zoom. Don't get on the forums bashing Zoom and make them lose buisiness because you are pissed you got ripped off. That's what you get for buying crap from those POS stores. This situation is easily fixable. BOO HOO
:bor:

+1. Getting in your {censored}ing car and drive to Sam Ash. Problem solved and we don't have to put up with your petty whining. It would be nice if all of the problems posted in this forum was as easy to solve as yours.

• Members

No, I blame ZOOM too.

are responsible.

You're blaming a manufacturer in Japan for selling an American retailer some products because some American then took one of them back to the retailer? I fail to see your logic!

• Members

Originally posted by Acid Test

Really? Should I blame China for the practices of Wal-Mart?

Well they do control the entire work environment. If it wasn't so easy for Wal-Mart to exploit chinese workers (thanks to the government) do you think they'd be there?

BTW, just saw Wal Mart - the high cost of low prices last night. Pretty good.

Now, of course the original poster is wrong. Who know what happened to the unit he bought.

• Members

Originally posted by Acid Test

I don't think GC sells Zoom. Nor does MF.

Right, if you put zoom into MF search, they will try to sell you Digitech. So, they're not even carrying the new units because of some exclusive deal with {censored}-box Digitech? Another reason to hate MF.

• Members

Don't really consider myself a "dickhead" In fact, I'm a very easy going guy. and I don't fly off of the handle very easily.
BUT The treatment that we as consumers of music equipment have come to be accustomed to are rediculus.
And yes it is the fault of the whole chain of the industry.
I'd liken it to the personal computer market:
If the auto inustry sold cars that routinely broke down and stranded their drivers all the time, Noone would put up with that.

Archived