Don't buy behringer

stereotypy

• Members

Originally posted by stereotypy

mission completed.

Ah, a Behringer psychological warfare expert sent by the evil Uli himself to counteract anti-Behringer propaganda with hyperbolic propaganda in hopes of getting "sympathy sales". Brilliant!!!

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

I would never own any Behringer products.

Except the V-Amp2, UB1202 mixer, Virtualizer DSP2024P multi fx unit, Bass V-Amp Pro, and any one of the many other items I've seen by them and thought seemed interesting.

Hey, how do the v-amps stack up to the Pods (that they rip off)? Are they 24 bit?

• Members

Originally posted by telemike

I think Behringer uses 31.25 Khz sampling rate @ 20 or 24 bits. The new Zoom G2 is 96 hz sampling @ 24 bits with 32 brit processor.

I saw that. I'm going to test drive one tomorrow night and pull the trigger if it's any good. I need a tuner and a tremelo pedal anyway...so....2 boss pedals would cost me that much.

• Members

Originally posted by doug deeper

i have a vamp 2 and its just as good as a pod amp wise...it dosnt have a "hip" fx section though...just basic stuff...no treble boost or octave.

this has nothing to do with sonics, or perceived quality, or whether it does the job you need it to. this is solely about somebody's izod attitude.

• Members

Originally posted by BIGD

I saw that. I'm going to test drive one tomorrow night and pull the trigger if it's any good. I need a tuner and a tremelo pedal anyway...so....2 boss pedals would cost me that much.

My missus has one. I confess that I have dragged it out to rehearsals on those nights when I was unsure what the house amp would be.

I've never had a great sound out of it, but I have never had a bad sound out of it.

The missus uses it extensively for live work. She doesn't do the carrying around amps thing and the vamp + house pa does a passable marshall impression.

Archived