had an awesome session tonight (gear report)

Montag

• Members

(i should mention im taking a part time class on analog recording)

we were finishing up tracking for a session with a three piece band. the song we were working on is kind of a punky dylan thing in french. because of the snowstorm here, i was the only student to show up, so i got to basically engineer the whole session myself (while the instructor ate nuts and commented on things).

sweet gear used today:

early 70s SG (single p90)

60s tele

60s fender 12 string (looked like a jag)

65 BF bassman and 2x12 cab

old gibson acoustic

the bassman sounds {censored}ing godly when cranked up. we did a slide part with the 12 string and everything on 10 and it was amazing. i nearly cried.

anyway, ill probably have an mp3 next monday.

• Members

Originally posted by Montag

(i should mention im taking a part time class on analog recording)

we were finishing up tracking for a session with a three piece band. the song we were working on is kind of a punky dylan thing in french. because of the snowstorm here, i was the only student to show up, so i got to basically engineer the whole session myself (while the instructor ate nuts and commented on things).

sweet gear used today:

early 70s SG (single p90)

60s tele

60s fender 12 string (looked like a jag)

65 BF bassman and 2x12 cab

old gibson acoustic

the bassman sounds {censored}ing godly when cranked up. we did a slide part with the 12 string and everything on 10 and it was amazing. i nearly cried.

anyway, ill probably have an mp3 next monday.

nice gear. is that stuff that the instructor has lying around for instruction purposes or is it his own private studio?

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

nice gear. is that stuff that the instructor has lying around for instruction purposes or is it his own private studio?

oops. should've mentioned that all the gear belonged to the musicians.

• Members

oops. should've mentioned that all the gear belonged to the musicians.

you shoulda called em up and said: "hey because you were too much of a wuss to plow through a little snowstorm, i'm making love sweet love with your vintage tele RIGHT NOW! and the bassman's lovin it!"

• Members

you shoulda called em up and said: "hey because you were too much of a wuss to plow through a little snowstorm, i'm making love sweet love with your vintage tele RIGHT NOW! and the bassman's lovin it!"

the musician who owned was there playing it. otherwise i would've.

i did get to play the tele and 12 string through the bassman. now i want a 12 string, a tele, and a bassman:freak:

• Members

the musician who owned was there playing it. otherwise i would've.

i did get to play the tele and 12 string through the bassman. now i want a 12 string, a tele, and a bassman:freak:

ohhh... i was confused by yr lack of an apostrophe on "musicians."

i've always wanted a 12-string since i got my 1st 6-string and have yet got around to getting one. love those fender xii's but they're outta my budget. maybe a surfcaster...?

• Members

ohhh... i was confused by yr lack of an apostrophe on "musicians."

i've always wanted a 12-string since i got my 1st 6-string and have yet got around to getting one. love those fender xii's but they're outta my budget. maybe a surfcaster...?

my grammar and clarity is awful tonight. i am tired and myself:o

i really want an electric 12. i wonder if warmoth has any....

• Members

i was thinking of a warmoth 12-string neck + squier jagmaster + HB-sized P-90s...

nice. very nice.

i have a project strat that im dropping lipstick tube pickups in. maybe that can go 12 string.:idea:

• Members

nice. very nice.

i have a project strat that im dropping lipstick tube pickups in. maybe that can go 12 string.
:idea:

yeah, jsut make sure the neck you get has the proper dimensions. some of warmoth's stuff is asian-made and metric.

danelectro had a mosrite-style 3 lipstick 12 string that looked cool.

damn! i want a 12-string! :mad:

• Members

Originally posted by Jebus0000

They use to have a blackface bassman there that some guy just left there and never came back to pick it up. I used it for a demo we did there...sounded amazing. Was the bassman the studio's?

it's always in the studio, but it belongs to the singer/songwriter who was doing the session, apparently.

by the way - there is a loud and awful band in your old practice space.

• Members

it's always in the studio, but it belongs to the singer/songwriter who was doing the session, apparently.

by the way - there is a loud and awful band in your old practice space.

was it Marcel Soldre(or something like that)? i did a session with him when I went there. I guess he did come back for it. lol

I miss that jamspace...jamming at 5 degrees and still paying a $300 heating bill. Those were the days.:thu:

• Members

was it Marcel Soldre(or something like that)? i did a session with him when I went there. I guess he did come back for it. lol

I miss that jamspace...jamming at 5 degrees and still paying a $300 heating bill. Those were the days.
:thu:

yeah, that's him (unless there's two guys named marcel with 65 bassmans...bassmen?)

that's a gross heating bill. wasnt the rent on top of that ridiculous as well? i will give it points for cool party atmosphere.

• Members

yeah, that's him (unless there's two guys named marcel with 65 bassmans...bassmen?)

that's a gross heating bill. wasnt the rent on top of that ridiculous as well? i will give it points for cool party atmosphere.

yeah rent was like $400. our new place is $300 no bills. plus it get points for being a former rub and tug and it has bullet holes in the wall out in the hallway.

• Members

yeah rent was like $400. our new place is $300 no bills. plus it get points for being a former rub and tug and it has bullet holes in the wall out in the hallway.

too awesome.

i need to find a rehearsal space circa february, because we wont be allowed to practice in a shed at the forks forever:o

Archived