Delay : Best Bang For The Buck

aeonrevolution

• Members

Delay is the one important effect that I feel it is important to spend good money on; a noisey delay is the worst, whether you go hifi or lofi (by lofi, I mean the echos are lofi). Try finding a used Boss DD-3, DD-5, DD-6. Maybe the EchoPark by Line6 is good, but I haven't tried it.

• Members

Originally posted by Hopeless Romantic

I already said the DE7 but if you let one of these people talk you into spending more money I definately recommend the DD-20. I hardly use my DE7 because of it.

I compared it to a friends DM-3 the other day and there were only minor differences as far as I could tell.

those are good. and the fx90's sexy and cheap and...

haven't we done this list many times over?

• Members

An Ibanez DE-7, a Digitech DigiDelay, or a Boss DD-3 delay are all good low cost delays. The dd-5 isn't much more expensive than the dd-3 and it has way more features, then again, the dd-20 isn't much more expensive than the dd-5 and it has way more features than that.

I picked up a signalflex delay from a forumite for real cheap. It's a 300ms analog delay, which seems pretty nice. Now only if I could get it to self-oscilate.

• Members
Originally posted by aeonrevolution

Oh I just want a general delay pedal thats why I wasn't specific. I was leaving the price open to get suggestions but sheesh!
:D

Somewhere in the $1-65 ballpark.

I'm so used to the delay on my Flextone 3 right now it might be awkward using a pedal
:freak:

well in that case...

the DE-7 will serve you well. versatile, cheap.

the FX-90 is a damn good, damn dark analog delay.

the guyatone micro is good but limited.

um...

yeah, go for the DE-7. it'll give you a look into analog-stlye delay, plus the digi you're used to.

Archived