Easy cover songs to play

• Members

My band is doing a Christmas party and we will be playing originals, but we need some covers to satisfy the party goers. Our sound is kinda indie, country, bluesy, pink floydie with female vocals. The gig is less than a month away. Can any one recommend some quick and easy tunes to learn that would get people on the floor?

We're already going to do these:

What's going On - 4 Non Blondes

The Weight - The Band

Landslide - Dixie Chicks or Stevie version

Mr. Jones - Counting Crows

Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams

Jingle Bell Rock

Hannukah Song - Adam Sandler

Thanks for helping!!

• Members

Originally posted by The Honourable MOC

It's actually our first gig, so I don't expect it to be a ripper either. You sure you don't wanna come for {censored}s and giggles? Some people enjoy watching train wrecks!!
:D

Haha, that's the spirit! :D

I recommend:

Britney Spears - hit me baby one more time, acoustic version :o

;)

• Members

Originally posted by Zoidberg

Haha, that's the spirit!
:D

I recommend:

Britney Spears - hit me baby one more time, acoustic version
:o
;)

Actually, that's not a bad idea. Like Travis right?

Actually, I don't think we'll be that bad as we're pretty well rehearsed but we never do covers. So unfortunately they are kinda random and cheesy (except for Summer of 69 of course).

• Members

Originally posted by The Honourable MOC

Actually, that's not a bad idea. Like Travis right?

Actually, I don't think we'll be that bad as we're pretty well rehearsed but we never do covers. So unfortunately they are kinda random and cheesy (except for Summer of 69 of course).

If you can pull off the Britney vocally, then do it. But if it's a party, or even if it's not, don't do it acoustic like Travis (though I still adore that version), but do it up like a slow dance number (either cheesy 80s high school prom movie schmaltz or else like a 50s slow song a la "earth angel" or something). You still want to come off as a party band where the goal is to get folks dancing and drunk and having sex in bathrooms and coatrooms, NOT as a band that's there as the focal point. At least that's how I'd see it.

• Members

dont know.. sympathy for the devil always get me dancing and sing whoo! whoo! at the right time when a cover band plays that.

but when i would be in a cover band playing on a christmas party i would play christmas song from jethro tull for sure.

god, how i hate christmas :mad:

Archived