so far dissapointed with the Rocktron Zombie - Tips, Tricks, Settings??

rcervera

• Members

As a Rocktron dealer, I can tell you that if you're looking for the heavy distortion without the fizzy top end you ought to take the Zombie back and exchange it for a Rocktron Metal Planet pedal. In my opinion Rocktron did an excellent job with the Metal Planet, whereas I don't really care for the Zombie, for the reasons you mentioned.

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by Jon Hiller

As a Rocktron dealer, I can tell you that if you're looking for the heavy distortion without the fizzy top end you ought to take the Zombie back and exchange it for a Rocktron Metal Planet pedal. In my opinion Rocktron did an excellent job with the Metal Planet, whereas I don't really care for the Zombie, for the reasons you mentioned.

Yeah... I've heard decent things about the Metal Planet as well.

devi-

• Members

Don't know the Zombie, but the Metal Planet gets that"mid-scooped" heavy Metallica sound perfectly, with boatloads of volume & gain. Very tweakable eq section, although the treble is very harsh. I run mine with bass 1/2 way up, hardly any treble at all, and the mids just below 1/2. Gain up 3/4 and volume just past 1/4. This thru my JCM900's clean channel set for crunchy breakup NAILS that heavy metal sound (think Metallica's Nothing Else Matters)

Archived