Reverb is really missing on my dual rectifier

Poker

• Members

Originally posted by Poker

Guys, do you have suggestions for me... I love Reverb and there is no reverb on my boogie... I am looking for a pedal and I would like to have suggestions.

Note : I like simple and affordable pedals.

:D

You're very lucky as you don't have a lot to choose from. :D

Been a lot of talk about the line 6 verbzilla lately. Sounds very interesting.

Zhivago uses the boss verb and he likes it and he's a big time verb head.

I've played the EHX Holy Grail (they have a couple more now..holiest grail or something), but I thought it was great.

For me personally, particularly as you have an amp with a loop in it, I'd go rack for verb. Your options will be increased 100 fold.

• Members

The Holy Grail does rule, but if you're willing to make room for a very small processor, try the Alesis Nanoverb, which shouldn't run you more than $99. You'll need a non-locking footswitch to turn it on/off from your pedalboard, but it's one of the most versatile digital reverbs. If you want analog, go for the Grail.

• Members

I have a dual rec and use a holy grail and it works great! A slight hum but not very noticable unless you turn it all the way up. When gigging you won't even notice it.

Make sure you get a new one with TB as the old units seem to really be hit and miss with noise issues. I bought mine used for only $60 shipped.

Also, I thought I would end up selling it when I heard about the verbzilla, but the verbzilla is $160 and not TB. The HG is very basic, which, is how I like it :) and sounds amazing for the price and $99 brand new to boot! However, if you want a lot of options and like to tweak I would definitely look into the verbzilla. I have heard a lot of great things about it too. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by dmbandtimmy

Also, I thought I would end up selling it when I heard about the verbzilla, but the verbzilla is $160 and not TB. The HG is very basic, which, is how I like it
:)
and sounds amazing for the price and $99 brand new to boot! However, if you want a lot of options and like to tweak I would definitely look into the verbzilla. I have heard a lot of great things about it too.
:thu:

verbzilla actually IS true bypass.

• Members

Originally posted by dmbandtimmy

hmm... I didn't think any of the tone core pedals were TB.

I just looked on their site :

Are ToneCore pedals "true bypass"?

No. They use an FET style switching that removes the A/D converter from the audio when in Bypass.

http://line6.com/tonecore/faq.html

Maybe the new ones are different

hmm...i thought they used that as a selling point, early on.

and since my DL4 is true bypass, i made one assumption to many.

:D:freak:

Archived