Coming home to find no boxes -- a minor rant

bobby yarrow

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you expect a transaction with a forumite should end with you having the pedal 5 days after you paid for it you are an asshole with no life because you are basically saying that the pedal must be in the mail the day after you paid for it. That's unreasonable.

Who the {censored} has so much free time in their life that they can run to the {censored}ing post office when some douche paypals them $50 bucks? Or better yet, when some asshole sends a money order and hounds you about getting the pedal to them as fast as possible. If you want speed, get paypal. When you get paypal, get some {censored}ing manners and respect the fact that just because you paid me last night it doesn't mean I need to drop all the {censored} on my busy day to run your pedal to the post office instantaneously.

Now that's a rant, asshat...

:wave:

• Members

I would also like to add that I have had so many awesome transactions with so many forumites. I don't hassle people about getting the stuff I buy shipped instantly and no one has hassled me about it, either. Take a chill-pill and get a new hobby. It's obvious you have too much time on your hands.

• Members

I'm kinda weird like that. I'm not a big hustler here, when I do deals they usually get out quickly, but sometimes depending on what else is going on I'm not very proactive. I don't think I've made anyone wait except one time when I actually forgot to send a pedal that was traded or paid for. Unkle Slam I believe that was, but I got it taken care of.

But even though I'm a slack ass I've never surprised anyone or left anyone hanging.

"you wanna trade this"
"yeah, man but I'm not going to the post office until saturday...so don't be looking for it"
"cool"

:D

And I tell people when I send and how long it should take and when to start looking and all of that stuff too. I keep good communication, I'm just not always the swiftest dude in the universe.

• Members
Originally posted by 1DZReverendDavidLee

This has happened to me occasionally - that's why I ship USPS Priority so it does get there right away/ I figure if people take the time to click "send money" on paypal - the very least I can do is ship it the same day, or at least the next day (if they paid me in the middle of the night or after 10:00 pm of course - the Post Office isn't staying open that late to wait for me to show up...although it would be nice if they would
:D

My ONLY frustration is shipping to overseas and Canada because it seems to take weeks - literally - for the pedals to get there. That bothers me because we're so used to Priority shipping here - it seems to be nothing short of rude for people to wait that long for their goods.
:(

Well being one of the Canadians, who seems to buy more from the south side of the border than the north, I have gotten to where I don't sweat things untill about the sixth week. Generally this has more to do with the dips at the customs house than anything the mail carriers may subject it to.

With that said, I am far more happy to wait it out, for a shipment via USPS regualr parcel post (insured of course :D ) than I am impatient to to have UPS speed it up here, so they can can ass rma me for 50 bucks over and above the taxes that are do. At least when the post office collects the taxes, it is only another five dollars above what the acctuall tax amount is. IE 200 for a power brake from Chicago, gets to my door, and the dude in brown has his hand out for another 85 bucks!?!?!?!?! :eek::freak: Not again.

• Members

Originally posted by jimihalen

This Friday marks week 3 that I've been waiting for my half on a trade I did on another forum. I'm

(phase)

shifting from sadness to frustration.

Yeah, I'm done. I'll deal with the people I've dealt with before, but I'm not trying anybody new. Half the people in this thread are like, yeah, I always wait a couple weeks before shipping . . .

{censored} it. I'm going to go buy all 3 pedals new tomorrow, and put the ones I'm expecting on ebay if they ever arrive.

• Members

I've had it happen twice that items shipped via usps priority w/i a day or two of sale arrived more than two weeks later. This is over the course of 3 years of wheeling and dealing though. If I were you, I'd be annoyed...but I wouldn't give up on the pedals. They'll show up soon. I don't have a hard time imagine 3 people here being lazy at once, but I'd be very surprised to hear about 3 simultaneous scams.

Are you getting anything good?

• Members

Its odd to me. I feel all creepy if something happens when I can't ship same, or next day. USPS Priority is the shizzle, and I know I want stuff as quick as I can get my sweaty hands on it. So I can't think of a time when I haven't shipped later than the day after payment. Really I usually pack it up in advance so its ready to go.

Musicians....go figure.:rolleyes:

• Members

Hiya. I don't think any of them are scams. And they're all good. I just have the wrong temperment for this kind of thing. Folks don't ship, you PM them, they act like you're hasseling them for no reason. It's a matter of divergent expectation.

Across the 3 pedals, I probably saved $100 or so vs. what I would have paid at my excellent local shop (which sells all the fancy pedals, and gives me something close to the employee discount). In return, I failed to support my local shop, and for the past 3 or 4 days anyway, I get a bit frosted every time I get home and there's nothing there.

None of the sellers has showed any concern about the item not arriving. 2 of them haven't responded to my 'so, everything ship ok?' email. Actually, only 1 of them has even claimed it shipped. The others 2 have nothing to say.

Not really my point tho. My point is, I have an expectation that a seller's going to ship via priority mail within a day or 2 or getting the paypal. A lot of folks here don't share that view. So, here is no place for a guy like me to be buying stuff.

• Members

Originally posted by bobby yarrow

None of the sellers has showed any concern about the item not arriving. 2 of them haven't responded to my 'so, everything ship ok?' email. Actually, only 1 of them has even claimed it shipped. The others 2 have nothing to say.

To the two who won't even respond, that is lame, No I don't want to know who they are or any of the details, but myself I prefer that the communication be open both ways untill the deal is done and final.

• Members

I'd say 3 days to recieve a pedal is a bit unreasonable. There's a reason it says 3-5 days. So I usually expect 5 plus a day or two to get it out. The mail isn't under the forumite's control. I love when pedals ship fast, though. The fastest I think ever has happened was I shipped out a saturday and it was recieved monday (two days later) in CA. But sometimes day can add up. Like the local post office doesn't always send things out everyday, so that can additional days, and there are many other factors that can attribute to slow shipping times. I know none of these deals involve me specifically; I haven't traded any pedals in a couple of weeks. :( Also, priority mail is in no way guaranteed, so sometimes the po sucks and there's no way it can be done. I shipped something to a forumite and it took 3 weeks to get there. Was this my fault? No. I got it out, and after that, the mail has it.

All that being said, if its been 10 days and you haven't been in communication, its time to get pissed. I don't really like waiting to recieve PMs or e-mails. I figure if you're on the forum posting, then its not unreasonable to recieve messages within a 24-36 hour period, depending on when the mail was sent. Sometimes there's personal {censored}, but I don't have patience for people who can't drop a {censored}ing e-mail quickly. Some have told me they wait a total of 3 days for e-mails. For e-mails? what the {censored}? Maybe this thread will atleast get those people off their asses and get some communcation going. Hopefully you'll have a nice surprise waiting on your doorstep tomorrow.

• Members

IMHO it's about communication and honesty. You say when you can ship the pedal, you provide proof it went (I scan the document and email it to the recipient) and everythings hunky dorey. I sometimes cannot ship until the weekend so I state that before the deal is finalised.

• Members

right now, I need to ship a Boss pedal off...the guy who bought it through ebay paid for it, and the money cleared 2 days ago...unfortunately, I can only go to the post office at lunchtime (it's shut by the time I leave work)

I've been stuck at work for two days in a row, and the guy still hasn't got his pedal.

I do feel bad about it, but you know...it's life....I can't drop work to go and send pedals the moment someone's cash comes through....it's unfortunately simple as that :(

the waiting bit IMO is part of the game...

in the instance of any goods, from cookies to a car, if I want it here and now, I go to a shop and buy it full price.

if I want a deal, I look online, and waiting is just part of the process.

my 2p.

Archived