BYOC - Fuzz & Tribooster

BigFoot

• Members

Anyone out there made either one of these? How are you liking them? I am tempted to try my skills at some DIY work and I was thinking of trying one of these kits as my first attempt. Funds are somewhat low right now, so I was wondering what people thought of the finished product before I take the plunge.

• Members

Okay, here's my semi-weekly plug for BYOC. I built both the ToneBender clone (not the fuzz I think you mean, but damn...) and the Tribooster. These are GREAT sounding pedals. They are fun to build, and as long as you are patient and don't rush - the end result should be something that you can totally use and abuse.

Get them - I like the Tribooster even more than I thought I would. Fan-freakin'-tastic stuff.

I don't even get a commission for this.

Hi Keith!!:wave:

• Members

i built tonebender and phase 90...
tonebender is a great fuzz...

i have the fuzzface clone, screamer and delay in the mail to me... i can't wait until i can start building them...

tribooster not considered so far, but might be in the list somewhen...

i'll post the results of the fuzz when i finally got them and i'm done with it

• Members

Thanks for the replies -- can someone try to describe the tone difference betweens the tonebender fuzz and the fuzz face clone. I am new to the idea of a fuzz pedal so I really have no idea what to expect. Thanks for putting up with my ignorance.

• Members

you can find clips of the tonebender on the byoc page

a fuzzface clip can be found on the dunlop page of the reissue fuzzface from them.
http://www.jimdunlop.com/products/electronics/fuzzface/index.html

tonebender and fuzzface are different types of fuzz with different sound, i hope you get the idea with the clips what the difference might be

• Members

I built a BYOC Ranger Clone as my first ever electronic project. Worked the 1st time and sounds great.

I just finished an 18watt clone (GDS) and it fired up the 1st time too.

I also just got the tri-booster and delay kits but haven't started on them yet.

• Members

I'm not a big fuzz fan, but I got the BYOC fuzzface clone as my first project. I like it a lot more than I was expecting to, and it is on my board. Since that pedal, I've built his TS-808, OrangeSqueezer, and a Mission Amps 5E3. Of the pedals the 808 is easily my favorite. My 5E3 is the "wow" piece though.

• Members

I really like the dual version of the TriBooster pedal. The one with the treble/full toggle switch. I replaced the .047uf cap used for the "Full" mode with a .033uf to tweak it a little bit. I don't care much for the pedal when used with my Strat but absolutely love it with my LP Custom. In treble mode I get a thinned out quasi-Strat tone. In the full mode I get a thick honky tone that is to die for to my ears. Highly recommended!

Archived