Anyone ever use a Zinky amp?

The Gainster

• Members

I've played a Blue Velvet before, almost bought it too ... but instead opted to get another acoustic instead.

My impression was that it is a great amp that sounds fantastic at any volume. The cleans were beautiful and the gain was more than I needed. Overall, a very surprising amp ... but I'd expect no less from the guy who ran the Fender Custom Amp shop and designed the Custom Vibrolux Reverb.

In the end, I couldn't get past the velvet covering .... it seems to be more of an "at-home-in-the-studio amp" rather than something I'd gig with. I'd be scared that I'd rest a drink on top of it and ruin it with a glass "ring".

• Members

Originally posted by Chirpy_72

In the end, I couldn't get past the velvet covering .... it seems to be more of an "at-home-in-the-studio amp" rather than something I'd gig with. I'd be scared that I'd rest a drink on top of it and ruin it with a glass "ring".

I've thought that too. They are also available in black tolex though.

• Members

I owned one for quite a while (serial #0123 in fact), then traded it to get my '64 Bandmaster. I miss the little bugger. It's a good amp that plays nicely with others (i.e. blends well with other instruments). I will eventually get the head as a replacement. I highly recommend this amp.

• Members
Originally posted by Chirpy_72

I've played a Blue Velvet before, almost bought it too ... but instead opted to get another acoustic instead.

My impression was that it is a great amp that sounds fantastic at any volume. The cleans were beautiful and the gain was more than I needed. Overall, a very surprising amp ... but I'd expect no less from the guy who ran the Fender Custom Amp shop and designed the Custom Vibrolux Reverb.

The Vibro King is his also...

Thanks for the help....

:)

• Members

Originally posted by riffdaddy

I owned one for quite a while (serial #0123 in fact), then traded it to get my '64 Bandmaster. I miss the little bugger. It's a good amp that plays nicely with others (i.e. blends well with other instruments). I will eventually get the head as a replacement. I highly recommend this amp.

Thanks...

Is it hand wired or circut board...

• Members
Originally posted by riffdaddy

Thanks. :) I'm tring to get one as we speak.

• Members
Originally posted by themeanreds

Dunno if this is a good deal, but it sure is velvety. . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/Zinky-Blue-Velvet-combo-amp-no-reserve_W0QQitemZ7366820689QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That isn't an exceptional deal. Mine was for sale on eBay last week (ser. #0123 :D ) for less than that and it included the cover. Actually, it still is for sale since it didn't go on eBay. $600 plus shipping.

Archived