stiletto needs a big boost

HMJ

• Members

Originally posted by HMJ

can you tell me what that does exactly please.

Well, it's kind of hard for me to describe but I'll try. It adds bottom end (very adjustable) and lots of clarity in the mids and higher ends. Some people don't like them and they're not for everyone but I dig 'em. It's not a distortion-type sound. I guess the best way I can describe it is to say that it kind of throws your sound into a sparkly 3-D boost mode with added harmonics. Mine is the discontinued 264R version. They come in a variety of rack versions (more expensive) or the new pedal version ($99.99).

• Members

Originally posted by HMJ

but it adds no gain huh. how do you like your fulldrive 2?

No, it's not really a gain (as in grainy gain) but it will help saturate your signal.

I love the Fulldrive 2 but I'm not sure it will "saturate" your stilleto. The fulldrive is basically known as a tube-screamer clone. I like it because it's practically a 2-in-1 pedal solution.

• Members
Originally posted by HMJ

well the stiletto is a bright amp in nature so will the bbe sound brittle even more so?

Yes, especially if you max out the "process" knob. It can add a lot of brightness, so beware. I keep my process knob at about 10:00 o'clock to back off the treble and use the "contour" knob at around 02:30 to add the bottom end. You might want to test drive one at GC before buying, as I said it's not for everyone. ;)

• Members

Originally posted by HMJ

what do you think of the fulltone ocd pedal?

I sold it only because I sold the amp I was using it exclusively for but I loved it. I don't think it would do much for your stilleto(?). Just for reference and to clarify that we're speaking the same language, I don't consider the stilleto to have the typical mesa-type saturation tone you find in the rectifier models. Do you?

• Members

no it does not have alot of saturation but to unleash the fury this amp has you need crank the piss out of it so i can not gig at those volume levels so i need some thing to throw this amp into overdrive early ........maybe a thd hotplate.

• Members

Originally posted by HMJ

no it does not but to unleash the fury this amp has you need crank the piss out of it so i can not gig at those volume levels so i need some thing to throw this amp into overdrive early ........maybe a thd hotplate.

Agreed. Perhaps a hotplate might be best for you. Here's a couple of opinions from my perspective.

1) A Fulldrive works best on a clean slated amp that's just on the verge of break-up but from what I remember from test driving the stilleto, I don't think the FD would work that well with the stilleto cleans. Of course, I could be wrong.

2) The OCD is more extreme than the Fulldrive. The guys around here would testify that I consider the OCD more of a distortion pedal than an OD, especially on the higher tone/drive settings.

I hope this helps and that I'm not giving you a "bum steer". BTW, what type of music do you play or which artist (if any) are you trying to emulate?

• Members
Originally posted by TheAtomicJeff

Agreed. Perhaps a hotplate might be best for you. Here's a couple of opinions from my perspective.

1) A Fulldrive works best on a clean slated amp that's just on the verge of break-up but from what I remember from test driving the stilleto, I don't think the FD would work that well with the stilleto cleans. Of course, I could be wrong.

2) The OCD is more extreme than the Fulldrive. The guys around here would testify that I consider the OCD more of a distortion pedal than an OD, especially on the higher tone/drive settings.

I hope this helps and that I'm not giving you a "bum steer". BTW, what type of music do you play or which artist (if any) are you trying to emulate?

classic rock with an edge

• Members
Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

Bro, the OCD kills!!!!!! also have a BBE 362(Rackmounted) thats yours for 60 shipped if you want it.

Kage

hey kage whats up bro? i may try the ocd .chris snider is coming over for ampfest saturday i may love that thing at first note:D

Archived