this girl I hang out with

riffdaddy

• Members

There's a really cute bartender at one of the bars I play at that I've been talking to on and off for the last few weeks. I have a thing for bartenders and waitresses. Don't ask me why. I mentioned to her at one point that I was probably going to leave my band. She mentioned that she sang, and somewhere between the alcohol (she buys me drinks all the time) and the physical attraction I said that I might be interested in working with her--without ever hearing her sing.

Tonight I went up to the bar to hear her do karaoke. She has a lot of promise in her voice. She has some very cool Chrissy Hynde qualities to her vocal timbre. She also has some wierd affectations that need to be addressed, as well as some pitch issues in her lower range. Unfortunately she just isn't the right singer for what I'm wanting to do. She wants me to help her with her singing and help her find people to play with, which I'm more than willing to help her out with. Here's the conundrum: should I charge her for lessons? I've got a few things to consider:

1. She ain't my type, but I'm definitely attracted to her. Unfortunately since I opened my mouth about the band thing we no longer talk about anything except music. There may have been an open door, but it may be closed now. Dammit.

2. I normally charge for lessons, but these are guitar lessons. I don't doubt that I can do an adequate job teaching vocal lessons (hell, I've taught clarinet lessons before, and I don't have the slightest {censored}ing clue how to play one), but it isn't my trained profession. I don't know if I should accept money based on the fact that I have no formal training to guide my teaching.

3. Did I mention she's hot?

4. There's at least half a dozen other waitresses at this bar that I'd like to hit it with. Getting good with her in a non-sexual manner might encourage her to try to hook me up. It's worked for me before. Hmmm.

5. She's really hot.

Okay, that's about it. Advice?

• Members

Me:

You sparked her interest musically and you obviously think she is talented and she thinks you can help her.

Focus on "hitting" the other waitresses.

This girl sees something in your musical talent that can help her.

Help her! ,If you think its worth it. You score points for helping her and that will attract the other waitresses to you when she tells them how bitchin your are. Win Win

• Members
Originally posted by mst3k

Me:

You sparked her interest musically and you obviously think she is talented and she thinks you can help her.

Focus on "hitting" the other waitresses.

This girl sees something in your musical talent that can help her.

Help her! If you think its worth it. You score points for helping her and that will attract the other waitresses to you when she tells them how bitchin your are. Win Win

:thu:

• Members

I wouldn't charger her. Think of it like this, how much do you charge for lessons? Then think how much you pay for dates/prostitutes. Maybe you're saving money if atleast one of them's easy. Besides, that'll teach ya to open yer bbig fat yap. You could always just play really poorly and get her to not want to play with you.

• Members
Originally posted by riffdaddy

There's a really cute bartender at one of the bars I play at that I've been talking to on and off for the last few weeks.

1. She ain't my type, but I'm definitely attracted to her.

3. Did I mention she's hot?

5. She's really hot.

Okay, that's about it. Advice?

• Members

There is a possibility to hang out with a "hot" chick and be friends.
+ the poontang can come later from her "hot" friends.
Nothing gets a guy laid more than a Pretty girl that's a friend. It makes you seem less on the make than your avaeragr cave man
and therefore less threatening. It makes women open up more (Pardon the pud..uummm.. I mean pun)

• Members

She's already buying you drinks. Help her out and see if it can land you in prime pouncing territory with the other girls at the bar.

A hot chick friend or two can be very useful...*diabolical laugh*

Seriously though, what are the con's to this arrangement?

• Members

I think you should provide her deep throat lessons.

It seems that if you are going to give her lessons, they would be free based on the relationship you described. However, you can always help her find someone that offers voice lessons if you don't care to take it on.

• Members

Originally posted by incubass

A hot chick friend or two can be very useful...*diabolical laugh*

I want to agree with this. It's like the Seinfeld episode where just because you've dated or are associated with a hot chick, it gains you entrance into an exclusive club.

Thing is, I don't know how possible it is to have a hot chick friend. I tried it, really really hard actually, and ended up married to one of them and not on civil speaking terms with a handful of others.

But I say don't charge her. It's not like it's going to take up all of your time, is it? Leave the possibility open that she could hook you up with the other waitresses, but also leave the possibility open that you'll probably shag her rotten, as well.

• Members

No. You're unqualified to give voice lessons from the way it sounds. So you could possibly hurt someone in the process. So while I think you should help her, don't give her official lessons and definitely don't charge her. Just consider yourself to have made a new friend is all.

• Members

Originally posted by Thelonius

No. You're unqualified to give voice lessons from the way it sounds. So you could possibly hurt someone in the process. So while I think you should help her, don't give her official lessons and definitely don't charge her. Just consider yourself to have made a new friend is all.

I wouldn't say I'm unqualified. I just haven't spent the last five years in college classes that pertain directly to the voice. My focus has been instrumental music.

Regardless, y'all have affirmed my gut reaction. I'm not charging. She buys me free drinks. I'll consider that to be payment. I'll help her develop her voice and try to put her in with a decent band that does more of the kind of stuff she might be oriented towards. If I don't hook up with her (kinda doubt I will), maybe I'll hook up with one of her friends.

• Members

Originally posted by BillyGrahamCracker

Thing is, I don't know how possible it is to have a hot chick friend. I tried it, really really hard actually, and ended up married to one of them and not on civil speaking terms with a handful of others.

I dunno. I have quite a few hot chick friends. I inherited my best friend's wife's group of friends, almost all of whom are absolutely drool-inducing. We call them the giraffes because they're all about 6'1", skinny, and blonde. At their wedding, all of the groomsmen were shorter than all but two of the bridesmaids (there were nine of each).

I've also inherited hot chick friends from work and from my church gigs (Christian girls are unfathomably hot....I'm going to hell for typing this). I've got quite a few that I'm not trying to shag. And a few that I am. I do okay with most of my ex-girlfriends too--they even try to hook me up with their friends every once in a while.

I think I've developed a platonic harem. Dammit.

• Members

I wouldn't say I'm unqualified. I just haven't spent the last five years in college classes that pertain directly to the voice. My focus has been instrumental music.

Regardless, y'all have affirmed my gut reaction. I'm not charging. She buys me free drinks. I'll consider that to be payment. I'll help her develop her voice and try to put her in with a decent band that does more of the kind of stuff she might be oriented towards. If I don't hook up with her (kinda doubt I will), maybe I'll hook up with one of her friends.

My bad. I read your #2 clause as being somewhat unqualified. Didn't mean to insult you or anything. :)

• Members

(Christian girls are unfathomably hot....I'm going to hell for typing this)

It is so so true. That's one of the reasons I'm calling my powerpop band The Mennonites, because of my eternal lust for knowing a Mennonite girl in the biblical way (something which I sadly never did and probably never will).

• Members

Speaking of hot bartenders, went to this new place last night that just opened up near my apartment. The bartender looked like a young Tawny Kitaen. Hot. I told her my name was David Coverdale, but she didn't get it. I was gonna say Chuck Finley, but I didn't want her to beat me with her shoe or something.

Archived