what's the best ever flange?...

ScreamCage

• Members

Originally posted by lowroadrevival

I banez Fl-9 can be had easily for half that and is arguably the best 9 volt flanger around.

that was fast. thanks revival. i'm listening to the FL-9 now, and it's very nice.

any other suggestions before i try and make up my mind?

• Members

Originally posted by univox5138

EHX Deluxe Mistress. Thread Ended.

That's what I have.

But try as I may, I just can't seem to get into flange. :( I dunno why. I love phaser, and I can use chorus, but flange always seems to leave me in the dark. Maybe I just need to mess with it some more.

• Members
Originally posted by turnip

That's what I have.

But try as I may, I just can't seem to get into flange.
:(
I dunno why. I love phaser, and I can use chorus, but flange always seems to leave me in the dark. Maybe I just need to mess with it some more.

If the mistress doesn't do it for you, a more subtle flange (fl9 or DFL or something along those lines) might be more your style... I'd trade my DFL away only for a vintage MXR, vintage mistress, polyflange, or an A/DA...

• Members

Originally posted by Rob Eadgbe

I was very pleasantly surprised by the Arion SFL. I believe you could buy 3 of them for $130. I wouldn't imagine the going rate for those being anymore than $40.

somebody here is spamming one for $40/sh, iirc. and its worth well more than that, sonics-wise.

• Members

Originally posted by DanyoSound

Are those Arion Flangers any good? I've owned almost every flanger in the world (I just received my Lovetone ? Flange), but I never picked up an Arion because they just look cheap, so I figured they were noisy.

not noisy, very flexible, with a tone thicker than that of later-era ibanez, but not quite as thick as say the mxr. i've been through quite a few flangers over the last few years (more than whats pictured below), and the sfl-1 will hang with the best of 'em.

flangers2.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by Blungo

If you want to make weird sounds, you might check out a Yamaha Flanger.

I concur -

The Yamaha FL-01 is the only flanger I've ever wanted to own - sounds like vintage sci-fi, and will make a whole load of brilliant 'whoop whoop whoop woooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo' self oscillating noises with the feedback pot over about 1 o'clock.

I got mine for cheap cause they didn't know what it was. Jacques says on his site 'pay it any price/this flanger is worth $1000' or something like that.

• Members

Arion sounds good i suppose (except for the Arion part;) ). it's so cheap, i might decide to buy one now off the web, even if it's not what i'm looking for.

i want something really thick, or at least with the ability to get really thick.

anyone have soundbytes for the Yamaha and Ross flangers?

Archived