amp fx loops: stereo?

Grueller

• Members

The JMP-1 is a preamp only, so you need a stereo power amp to go with it, in order to use stereo fx.

The bigger Line 6 amps are stereo, I think, as is the Tech21 Trademark 120 and 300. Gibson had an amp with a stereo class A power stage (GA30RVS?). There are a few amps out there with stereo loops, but not too many (again since they also have to have a stereo power amp).

/Andreas

• Members

Originally posted by andreas

The JMP-1 is a preamp only, so you need a stereo power amp to go with it, in order to use stereo fx.

yeah. i forgot to mention i've had my eye on a peavey classic 50/50

Originally posted by andreas

The bigger Line 6 amps are stereo, I think, as is the Tech21 Trademark 120 and 300. Gibson had an amp with a stereo class A power stage (GA30RVS?). There are a few amps out there with stereo loops, but not too many (again since they also have to have a stereo power amp).

thanks. i'll check those out. :)

• Members

The Roland JC-120 and JC-90 are both stereo amps with stereo effects loops (stereo ins and outs) and stereo chorus built in (decidedly the best chorus on earth). However, one wonders why you'd need an effects loop on these amps. The built in distortion sucks (decidedly the worst distortion on earth).

Archived