how much is all your gear worth?

whiteshadow

• Members

I was thinking of insuring my stuff, and I realised I have over 7,000$ worth of gear... when did spend that much money! I'm just curious how much the rest of you would have to pay if you lost all your gear (assuming you baught every item again). My amps would be the most expensive thing to replace.

• Members
Originally posted by whiteshadow

I was thinking of insuring my stuff, and I realised I have over 7,000$ worth of gear... when did spend that much money! I'm just curious how much the rest of you would have to pay if you lost all your gear (assuming you baught every item again). My amps would be the most expensive thing to replace.

Have you talked to your insurance company about the insurance? I was interested in doing this for my gear but did not know where to begin. Who would you send your pedals to for a value?

:confused:

• Members
Originally posted by Bruno

Have you talked to your insurance company about the insurance? I was interested in doing this for my gear but did not know where to begin. Who would you send your pedals to for a value?

:confused:

Most insurers want a documented appraisal. I do all of the appraisals for my insurance agent with his other clients, however, so he allows me to assign values to my own stuff.

• Members

Originally posted by riffdaddy

Most insurers want a documented appraisal. I do all of the appraisals for my insurance agent with his other clients, however, so he allows me to assign values to my own stuff.

OK.....but how would the average Joe do it? I have some 1-offs that I do not know that the value would be if they were stolen? Do you think that I could get Analog Tom to appraise them?

• Members

OK.....but how would the average Joe do it? I have some 1-offs that I do not know that the value would be if they were stolen? Do you think that I could get Analog Tom to appraise them?

If you're talking about pedals, NDT would be as good a source as any. I would recommend checking with your insurance agent first to see what sort of documentation they want. Some require receipts of purchase. Others might not require anything at all.

• Members
Originally posted by BrianPhase90

It's worth the world to me...

and that's all that should matter....

Yeah.....but if it was all lost in a fire then how would ya feel if you could not get any of your money back? This is not for a bragging rights but to cover my ass in case something happens :D

• Members

Back to the studio rental question, 3 quotes sometimes to get a going rate!
I suggest you nick Captain Insaneo's safe after you have glued him into his hotel room!
Did I say that out loud? Oooops!
:D :D

• Members

This reminds me: Someone I know got burglarized the other day, the Christmass robbery season is upon us, and it's probably a good time to do a 'home inventory' if you haven't in a while.

Get a camera/camcorder and get footage of everything you own, especially stuff that's expensive or hard to replace. Make a list of model/serial numbers too, and keep this off-site somewhere safe. (locker, safe, safety-deposit box, mom's house...).

Hopefully you'll never need it but if you DO you'll be glad you did.

Note: Keep it SAFE - this sort of information would be very inticing to a criminal.

• Members
"No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

• Members

My gear and my wife's jewerly are separately insured under a "personal articles policy" with State Farm. The only documentation they required for my gear was sale receipts. We had to get appraisals for her jewerly. If you expect homeowners to take care of this, it is best to look at the limits and add up the contents of your house in case of a fire or theft (might need to talk to your agent about that as well).

BTW, if you are a gigging musician then you would need another type of policy.

I'm not an agent, but my Mom is. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by trucks

My gear and my wife's jewerly are separately insured under a "personal articles policy" with State Farm. The only documentation they required for my gear was sale receipts. We had to get appraisals for her jewerly. If you expect homeowners to take care of this, it is best to look at the limits and add up the contents of your house in case of a fire or theft (might need to talk to your agent about that as well).

BTW, if you are a gigging musician then you would need another type of policy.

I'm not an agent, but my Mom is.
:thu:

thanks that's good info

I need to get add gear to my state farm policy ASAP

• Members

Originally posted by T113

This reminds me: Someone I know got burglarized the other day, the Christmass robbery season is upon us, and it's probably a good time to do a 'home inventory' if you haven't in a while.

Get a camera/camcorder and get footage of everything you own, especially stuff that's expensive or hard to replace. Make a list of model/serial numbers too, and keep this off-site somewhere safe. (locker, safe, safety-deposit box, mom's house...).

Hopefully you'll never need it but if you DO you'll be glad you did.

Note: Keep it SAFE - this sort of information would be very inticing to a criminal.

well said...

I rarely discuss my gear with local musicians... Of course they will see some of it when I'm gigging... But while people are bragging about their {censored} I stay quiet... I sleep like a rock and probably wouldnt hear people busting my windows...

Archived