This thread is a man-cry for all the pedals...

workinclasszero

• Members

...that got away. I sense that there are many forum posters who have heavy hearts from love lost in the past.

Maybe you didn't have the money, maybe you didn't know what it was at time, maybe you didn't click "buy it now" fast enough. It's time to let go. Its time to let it all out.

I'll start:

Boss OD-1: A friend's brother in high school was getting rid of all of his pedals, many which I foolishly passed up. I don't think I'll be offered a mint silver screw OD-1 for $50 ever again.

Rotophase: From the same friends brother. I don't think I've heard a phaser that sounded as good as that, and after seeing how much they fetch now on Ebay, $75 sounds like a sweet deal.

He also had a couple weird Japanese fuzz pedals that he was selling for around $30 a piece that were pretty neat as well. but none were as cool as the Rotophase,

About a year ago a friend/coworker was clearing out his pedals to buy a Bogner and ended up selling all of his MoogerFooger and Z.Vex pedals (all of them had limited run colors and he even had one of those rare backwards Fuzz Factories) for obscenely low prices. He didn't think I was interested so he never mentioned them to me so all that was left was his early Fuzz Factory. Somewhat of a happy ending I suppose.

• Members

From a purely financial point of view, the only loss I've suffered is the time a bandmate decided he was chucking it in as a guitar player...he sold his rig for what he paid for it.....$30 for the amp AND pedals and a few hundy for the guitar.

The amp was a terrible little SS combo with like three knobs....the pedals were an Ibanez CP-835 compressor, a pair of mint TS808, and a mint BC-9 bi mode chorus.

All for $30. I thought my Grunge pedal sounded much better!!!

A lusted loss was a tan ross distortion that I passed for $30 a few years ago in favour of an old RAT which sounded smoother. I went back to get it the week later when I could afford it, but to no avail. gnerally I know what I want when I see it. Had a great rough/brittle sound.

Archived