Why Can't We Delete Our Own Threads?

• Members
Originally posted by 1DZReverendDavidLee

Just seems stupid. Can anyone tell me "why" we cannot delete our own threads? Especially when we got a question answered and we just want to take out the trash. I don't get it. I don't like it. Wtf is the problem????

:mad:

why are you asking a pinhead like me?

• Members
Originally posted by StompboxMan

Scott of HC told me it's because the new software the're using no longer has the Delete Thread ability. He suggested to contact HC if you want your Thread deleted. Use the Contact the Moderator to ask for Thread Deletion.

That's nonsense, it's still vBulletin, and vBulletin allows thread deletion. I mean, they're still using the same old version they've used since I joined over two years ago, how come this feature is suddenly not available to the forumites? Oddly enough, this also happens when the forum gets new moderators...

• Members

Just another reason that the Gear Page looks better and better every day. With these types of things happening on top of all of the nonsense threads and bitching that goes on here lately, I'm not sure it's worth my time anymore. I can't even post my crappy clips without getting brow beaten by assholes that never post anything helpful, on topic or constructive, let alone actual clips of effects pedals. I know I can't play very well, but at least I'm trying to put some stuff out there so people can hear the pedals, you know? If not for people like Mitch, MrMunky and a few others like yourself that post great reviews and helpful clips, this place would be nothing but a glorified political chat room.
Well, I guess that is out of my system. Now let us delete our {censored}ing threads!

• Members
Originally posted by Porkchop Xpress

Just another reason that the Gear Page looks better and better every day. With these types of things happening on top of all of the nonsense threads and bitching that goes on here lately, I'm not sure it's worth my time anymore. I can't even post my crappy clips without getting brow beaten by assholes that never post anything helpful, on topic or constructive, let alone actual clips of effects pedals. I know I can't play very well, but at least I'm trying to put some stuff out there so people can hear the pedals, you know? If not for people like Mitch, MrMunky and a few others like yourself that post great reviews and helpful clips, this place would be nothing but a glorified political chat room.

Well, I guess that is out of my system. Now let us delete our {censored}ing threads!

flagandguitar.jpg

Guest Anonymous

+1 on bringing back the ability to delete our own threads.

Quite a few times I've had to edit my first post when I have a question answered and then three days later people are still answering the question... just wasting bandwidth if you ask me.

devi-

• Members

It seems to me since they upgraded everything (i.e. offered the use of avatars) I can't believe that the package doesn't allow thread deletion by the poster.

What can I say.. I'm a Virgo and accustomed to cleaning up after myself. This just goes against the grain. :mad:

C'mon HC - give us back the option to keep the place clean. :wave:

• Members

It's all part of the grand plan to make HC much more of a centralist, patriarcal society where we have to go ask admin every time we need to take a piss.

Boo hiss...

As for the Gear Page being better...well it's more on topic, but is has far less participation (post rates), has many more self appointed 'experts' who largely seem to hide behind the nearest rocks when you ask a serious on topic question, and it's more cliquey and less inclusive than here...it doesn't have the polical, religious, pathetic girlfriend, or hugely moldy parrody threads like here tho'.

...guess I'll have to keep visiting both.:freak:

• Members

Originally posted by The Gainster

I am stull pissed about this little fact...

I was told it was taken away so people would "think twice" before they posted something! Also so that all the great info won't be lost...

Pretty stupid to me also!!!

Pain in the ass really!

I was tod by Scott something along the lines that people put effort and thoughts and research into their posts and me deleting a thread would not be fair..Somethnig like that anyway..:confused:

• Members

there is lots of things I don't like about HC...

...but not being able to delete threads doesn't ranks among them. i can remember people agreeing trdes/sales, then delteing the thread and pretending nothing happened. same for new products, outrageous claims, vrious kinds of slander and so on. moreover, it IS pretty annoying when you spend time answering a question only to see the thread deleted 5 mins later.

if the forum is to function as an online database, that can be searched for useful information then being able to delete threads is counter-productive.

that said I spend more time reading gearpage than i spend reading HC, and that's been the case for a long time now...

:eek::cool:

Archived