Boss ph2 opinions,

kurt1981

• Members

Hey, I've currently got a phase 45, and want to add a more whacky phaser to my rig. Would the ph2 be right, or is it too cold sounding? I've not realy played one, so I'm hoping for some direction. If this isn't a good one, what would everyone reccommend? Thanks,

Kurt

• Members

I say the PH-2 sucks ass. You lose the transparency of the guitar tone in almost all settings. Sometimes I want transparency and sometimes I want saturation, like the PH-2. The MXR Phase 90 is much more transparent, but I've never owned one because I usually hate pedals with one knob (although I love my MicroAmp). If I bought another phaser, I would consider the RedWitch or the Pigtronix, but I'm a flanger guy. I own 10 of them.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

the ph-2 is a very versatile pedal.. but you might find it kinda cold... anyway cold may be good, I love mine!

listen to some incubus songs... its the exact same thing...

and the cold but good thing... the intro to "the crimson" by atreyu just popped into my mind... I guess it is a good example (they also use the same one btw)

oh and it doesn't suck ass or anything, its just that it'll make you think so if your using a very..."bluesy" setup

anyway there's plenty very usable sounds that I can't get from something else, not even a phase90

Archived